ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Dante flow subscription status issue  (Read 8775 times)

Mac Kerr

• Old enough to know better
  • Administrator
  • Audio Plumber
Re: Dante flow subscription status issue
« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2018, 04:56:36 PM »

Some progress: uninstalled and reinstalled DVS and Controller, and I can now patch to/from the laptop and the QL1.  BUT, the laptop still doesn't appear as a mounted device on the QL1, so I can't select a Dante channel to send or receive from the QL1.

Open up Dante Controller and patch it in Controller. You should have it online anyway to keep track of device status, network status, and latency anyway. Devices do not need to be mounted on the console to work.

Mac

Kirby Yarbrough

• SR Forums
  • Reston, Virginia
« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2018, 05:28:02 PM »

Open up Dante Controller and patch it in Controller.
Mac

I have it patched in Controller. The laptop's sound card shows DVS Transmit 1 -- 2 as the selected (and default) output device.  The issue is those channels appear as Dante nn / ???-??? on the QL1 (and the laptop doesn't appear as a Dante mounted device on the QL1).

With the other laptop, it does appear as a mounted device and those Dante channels can be selected on the QL1.

Mac Kerr

• Old enough to know better
  • Administrator
  • Audio Plumber
« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2018, 06:01:31 PM »

I have it patched in Controller. The laptop's sound card shows DVS Transmit 1 -- 2 as the selected (and default) output device.  The issue is those channels appear as Dante nn / ???-??? on the QL1 (and the laptop doesn't appear as a Dante mounted device on the QL1).

With the other laptop, it does appear as a mounted device and those Dante channels can be selected on the QL1.
Does audio pass? What does Dante Controller say about device status, network status, and flows? Devices do not need to be mounted to work, and they do not need to appear with labels to work. Does anything appear different in Controller between the 2 laptops?

Mac

Kirby Yarbrough

• SR Forums
  • Reston, Virginia
« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2018, 08:44:51 PM »

Does audio pass? What does Dante Controller say about device status, network status, and flows? Devices do not need to be mounted to work, and they do not need to appear with labels to work. Does anything appear different in Controller between the 2 laptops?

Mac

Well I'll be dipped in _____.  Big thanks, Mac.  Audio does in fact pass.  Other than the laptop's IP addresses in the Device Info tab, the only other difference is that the Network Status tab shows no Subscription Status for the laptop with issues (the other laptop shows the green check for both the laptop and the QL1).  Looking at the patching in the receiving channels on the QL1, it still shows Dante nn '???-???'.  Still mystified why one laptop shows as a connected device in the QL1 but the other doesn't.

Miguel Dahl

« Reply #14 on: November 20, 2018, 12:52:35 PM »

Some progress: uninstalled and reinstalled DVS and Controller, and I can now patch to/from the laptop and the QL1.  BUT, the laptop still doesn't appear as a mounted device on the QL1, so I can't select a Dante channel to send or receive from the QL1.

This might be a stupid question, but have you actually mounted it in the QL1?

Kirby Yarbrough

• SR Forums
  • Reston, Virginia
« Reply #15 on: November 20, 2018, 02:45:00 PM »

This might be a stupid question, but have you actually mounted it in the QL1?

Bingo!  Thanks Miguel.  I mounted it manually using the device name in Controller and lo and behold there it is.  The correct transmit and receive channels are now identified in the Dante patching windows on the QL1.

Ade Stuart

« Reply #16 on: November 20, 2018, 05:11:16 PM »

::)

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #16 on: November 20, 2018, 05:11:16 PM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 25 queries.