ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Whatever happened to....?  (Read 5003 times)

Travis_Valois

Re: Whatever happened to....?
« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2018, 12:49:49 PM »

Andrew,

No I didn't google. Actually never thought about it because I thought I would get better answers from all of you guys. Most of the time you sound people know sound things that google doesn't have a clue about.  And yeah, I love the "discussions" on this site. Also, with so many companies being bought and sold, you all usually know who is still around but under someone else's umbrella/name.

Happy mixing.
Scott
I still have a BGW 750 sitting here that I really need to see about getting repaired so I can use it in my home theatre. It was one of my late father's amps. Bad power at a venue "took it out " years ago. It was the version that had the led power meters on it. Also have the smaller 250.

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

DAN PROSSEDA

• soundcontrolny.com
« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2018, 09:35:58 PM »

Apogee fell apart in the late 90s/early 2000s. Founder Ken DeLoria left in 2002 and did a few articles for Live Sound mag before he passed a few years ago.  I know the company is still around but it looks like the website has not been updated since 2015. Their AE5 loudspeaker was very popular back in the day.  I still see them for sale on gear sites.

I had a BGW amp long ago when I was just getting into sound and traded it for a pair of Peavey CS800s.  I think I got the better end of the deal.
[/quot Apogee was bought by Bogen. They sell their speakers under the Apogee / Bogen name.

Kevin Conlon

• Thanks for being here
« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2018, 04:29:50 PM »

I still have a BGW 750 sitting here that I really need to see about getting repaired so I can use it in my home theatre. It was one of my late father's amps. Bad power at a venue "took it out " years ago. It was the version that had the led power meters on it. Also have the smaller 250.

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk
I still use them, when there is help to move them. Easy to fix too. Should do good in a home theater.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2018, 04:29:50 PM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 22 queries.