ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: ADJ - Tripleflex  (Read 2384 times)

Roberto Olivar

ADJ - Tripleflex
« on: November 15, 2018, 11:52:48 AM »

Hello Forum,

First time posting, but read many of the threads as I find the information here very objective.

I am new to lighting and recently purchased (second hand) a portable truss and some LED RBG bars (Chauvet Color-rail), they seem all right for a newbie (myself!) but I would like to complement the look for live bands which I play with.

I'm looking at moving heads and scanners, but I'm inclined towards the ADJ Tripleflex, I'm just not sure what would make more sense in terms of flexibility as it will be long before I get to buy more lights. I will get a DMX-PC interface in the near future..

Based on your experience, which would complement better 4 LED bars mounted on a 10' truss, the tripleflex scanners or small spot moving heads?

Thanks in advance!

Geert Friedhof

Re: ADJ - Tripleflex
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2018, 03:16:37 PM »

The tripleflex will give you a 'DJ look' and probably won't be bright enough, while small moving heads might have a chance against the color-rails.

Jeff Lelko

• Cape Canaveral, FL
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2018, 04:17:40 PM »

Hi Roberto, the Tripleflex is an effect light.  Despite it using moving mirrors as part of its effect, I wouldn't call this a scanner or moving light in the sense of how the industry uses that definition.  This isn't necessarily a bad thing (and I'm a big user of effect lights), but you're looking for flexibility you won't get it here.

"True" moving lights will give you many more potential applications down the road.  Solid colors and gobos are even just the basics - both of which the Tripleflex isn't able to really do.  Brightness will be one of the biggest things to consider though.  The Tripleflex will look fine in a small dark room with a bit of fog but could never compete with proper stage light.  Any moving head worth owning will be at least in the 60-90w range - most weaker units just won't have the horsepower to be worth their weight (and investment).   Flip-side, if you like the look of effect lights I'd go with something more powerful.  Hope this helps! 

Steve Garris

« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2018, 02:52:30 PM »

Hello Forum,

First time posting, but read many of the threads as I find the information here very objective.

I am new to lighting and recently purchased (second hand) a portable truss and some LED RBG bars (Chauvet Color-rail), they seem all right for a newbie (myself!) but I would like to complement the look for live bands which I play with.

I'm looking at moving heads and scanners, but I'm inclined towards the ADJ Tripleflex, I'm just not sure what would make more sense in terms of flexibility as it will be long before I get to buy more lights. I will get a DMX-PC interface in the near future..

Based on your experience, which would complement better 4 LED bars mounted on a 10' truss, the tripleflex scanners or small spot moving heads?

Thanks in advance!

Sounds like you are off to a good start. For band lighting and if you are on a tight budget, I might recommend getting a bunch of Chinese pars and blending them with your led bars. You can set a show up like this for a small bar band and have a very effective light show. I use large quantities of RBGW and RBGA lights that we purchase for $38 each. After several years they all still work. When you do get a controller they can create many great lighting scenes. If no controller, set your bar lights to "sound activated" and have your pars on one of the "color fade" modes. I have a light tree that I set up like this and it's so incredibly easy - I just pop it up and plug it in.

As for movers, I would hold up on any high-end focusing mover. For movement we use Chinese wash lights that cost about 460 each. They are RBGW and actually a little brighter that the flat pars. The have some built-in programs that look ok, and can be dmx controlled as well.

I like the cool look of bar lights and par beams, provided they're well implemented in to your show.

Here's a couple of pics of my shows. The most expensive light is a Marq Chinese mover (about $400 ea) but most of these lights are $40-$60. Oh, and get a hazer!

Roberto Olivar

« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2018, 11:27:03 AM »

Well, just like I stated in my post, the information here is very objective, thank you guys for your answers!

I didn't end up buying the Tripleflexes and started looking at moving spot heads instead. I will rent before buying to see what will I need (most likely chinese because of price).

Steve nice pics! and I will take your word on the hazer.

I will update when I set it up!

Cheers!

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2018, 11:27:03 AM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.043 seconds with 23 queries.