ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Banned?  (Read 1724 times)

Brian Bolly

• Baltimore, MD / Amsterdam, NL
Banned?
« on: November 15, 2018, 09:50:18 am »

So it looks like I can post via Tapatalk, but trying via web browser on my computer says I’ve been “banned from using this forum!” And “This ban is not set to expire.” 

I’ll bite - what did I do?

Mac Kerr

• Old enough to know better
  • Administrator
  • Audio Plumber
Re: Banned?
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2018, 10:35:08 am »

So it looks like I can post via Tapatalk, but trying via web browser on my computer says I’ve been “banned from using this forum!” And “This ban is not set to expire.” 

I’ll bite - what did I do?

Chances are you are being given an IP address that is banned when you use your computer. I can look into it if you PM me the IP address you are using when you get the ban message.

Mac

David Sturzenbecher

• Sturz Audio
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2018, 11:02:28 am »

Brian,
It may be a good idea to make sure your home network and all your PCs are secure. It is common for forums to band together and share lists of spammers to reduce issues before they start. It’s possible a PC you own/owned has been hijacked and used to post spam on some other corner of the interwebs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Audio Systems Design Engineer
Daktronics, Inc.
CTS-D, CTS-I
AES Full Member

Keith Broughton

• Toronto
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2018, 04:10:22 pm »

I have caused that to happen if I leave my VPN on. :o
Go to browser settings and clear cookies.
I don't care enough to be apathetic

Brian Bolly

• Baltimore, MD / Amsterdam, NL
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2018, 06:35:17 am »

I have caused that to happen if I leave my VPN on. :o
Go to browser settings and clear cookies.

Thanks Keith, I think that must have been it - some magic combination with me being on my VPN and the stored cookies.

I'm on my VPN 99% of the time when I use the site, but I guess it must have just had an IP at one point that didn't make things happy.  But clearing out the cookies fixed it (for now). 

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2018, 11:43:31 am »

On thursday we visited a friend for Thanksgiving for the day. Whilst there I signed onto his home network as my cell coverage was limited. At one point I attempted to access the forum and I got the same message. My friend then told me he had a family friend living there for a while at one point and he probably compromised his IP address.
However, now even on my home network or the cell network, my phone is still blocked.
I have access on all my other devices but I really need my phone access back. I have a message out to mods asking for help.
A young child says to his mother, "Mom, when I grow up I'm going to be a musician." She replies, "Well honey, you know you can't do both."

Mac Kerr

• Old enough to know better
  • Administrator
  • Audio Plumber
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2018, 11:56:46 am »

On thursday we visited a friend for Thanksgiving for the day. Whilst there I signed onto his home network as my cell coverage was limited. At one point I attempted to access the forum and I got the same message. My friend then told me he had a family friend living there for a while at one point and he probably compromised his IP address.
However, now even on my home network or the cell network, my phone is still blocked.
I have access on all my other devices but I really need my phone access back. I have a message out to mods asking for help.

There is nothing we can do on the site, your problem is in your phone. You need to clear any cookies that are holding that bad IP that you picked up on Thanksgiving.

Mac

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2018, 04:40:01 pm »

There is nothing we can do on the site, your problem is in your phone. You need to clear any cookies that are holding that bad IP that you picked up on Thanksgiving.

Mac
Aaah...well that was easy - done. Thanks Mac.
A young child says to his mother, "Mom, when I grow up I'm going to be a musician." She replies, "Well honey, you know you can't do both."
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 18 queries.