ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Who Is My Neighbor? The Myriad Benefits Of Technical Team Outreach  (Read 2330 times)

M. Erik Matlock

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Editor Live Sound International/ProSoundWeb
    • M. Erik Matlock on PSW

Who Is My Neighbor? The Myriad Benefits Of Technical Team Outreach
It's a sad fact but very few of us know much– if anything– about the congregations or sound crews all around us.
By M. Erik Matlock • November 15, 2018

I recently read a great article by fellow author Mike Sessler (here) about the benefits of knowing the sound crews from other churches. It’s a sad fact but very few of us know much– if anything– about the congregations around us.

As Mike mentioned, there are a multitude of benefits of getting to know the neighbors. Be a kid again. Talk with them before you decide who they are. They might even let you play with their toys.

Why Do We Need Them?
If I can teach, let me teach. If I can learn, let me learn. If interaction with sheep outside my pasture benefits both my side of the fence and theirs, what’s the problem?

Offering a handshake may save your next system upgrade. Your fellow tech friends might know how to fix something in your system, and/or, you might be able to help with theirs. They might know the best AV contractor in town, you might know the worst. They might understand networked systems and you’re about to drop a fortune on a copper cabling infrastructure.

There are more benefits than just audio...

Continue reading here: https://www.prosoundweb.com/channels/church/who-is-my-neighbor-the-myriad-benefits-of-technical-team-outreach/
Train the next generation. Success without a successor is ultimately failure. wywu.org

ProSoundWeb Community

Who Is My Neighbor? The Myriad Benefits Of Technical Team Outreach
« on: November 15, 2018, 07:59:07 AM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 19 queries.