ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Mic Muting  (Read 5208 times)

Jeff Bankston

Re: Mic Muting
« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2018, 01:59:14 PM »

And you would't want to be part of a law suite....
A friend of mine is a lawyer and wears his law suite m-f. It's a cool looking dark blue law suite. I want a law suite like his but he say I not worthy to wear one. I guess I just stick to my old zoot suite.

Jeff Bankston

« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2018, 02:01:26 PM »

And if one of those prison bullies is the warden or one of his minion, the outcome will not be a happy one.

"What we have here, is a failure to co-mun-i-cate."
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a8kFKMjTFBs

Jeff Bankston

« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2018, 02:06:35 PM »

Only Mike Crophone can mute that mic. Paging Mike Crophone. Will Mike Crophone please come to the suite press room. We have a steamy situation right now. lol !

David Allred

« Reply #13 on: November 15, 2018, 05:59:27 PM »

If the only video of the incident you watched was the doctored clip proffered by the White House Propaganda Minister, you'd think that.

There's another video up, done by an IT professional, who demonstrates exactly how the original and innocuous clip was altered.

Not my intent.  I was referring  to a man  touching a woman on the elbow, saying " excuse me miss" and getting accused of assault.  Just the direction things are going in our fine country I guess.  Everyone is hyper-sensitive and needs to calm down.

John Roberts {JR}

• Hickory, Mississippi, USA
    • Resotune
« Reply #14 on: November 15, 2018, 06:19:19 PM »

Not my intent.  I was referring  to a man  touching a woman on the elbow, saying " excuse me miss" and getting accused of assault.  Just the direction things are going in our fine country I guess.  Everyone is hyper-sensitive and needs to calm down.
But that isn't even the issue, it was refusing to yield the microphone after his line of argument was cut off by the podium.

[edit- apparently the incidental physical contact has become a rationale (excuse). /edit]

JR

« Last Edit: November 16, 2018, 01:24:43 PM by John Roberts {JR} »
Cancel the "cancel culture". Do not participate in mob hatred.

Stephen Swaffer

« Reply #15 on: November 15, 2018, 11:08:53 PM »

There is quite a lot of ground between being a courteous gentleman and assaulting someone.  I wasn't there, so I have no idea if it crossed the line to assault-but we would all be better off if the standard we strove for was to be respectful gentlemen or women when disagreements arose not just stop short of assaulting someone. Best to learn from this and move on.
Steve Swaffer

Jonathan Johnson

• Southwest Washington (state, not DC)
« Reply #16 on: November 16, 2018, 12:19:26 PM »

A friend of mine is a lawyer and wears his law suite m-f. It's a cool looking dark blue law suite. I want a law suite like his but he say I not worthy to wear one. I guess I just stick to my old zoot suite.

I always thought the law suite was the judge's chambers.
Stop confusing the issue with facts and logic!

Jeff Bankston

« Reply #17 on: November 16, 2018, 03:16:58 PM »

I always thought the law suite was the judge's chambers.
Soooooot not sweet ! I live at sweet 5 !

John Roberts {JR}

• Hickory, Mississippi, USA
    • Resotune
« Reply #18 on: November 16, 2018, 03:39:48 PM »

There is quite a lot of ground between being a courteous gentleman and assaulting someone.  I wasn't there, so I have no idea if it crossed the line to assault-but we would all be better off if the standard we strove for was to be respectful gentlemen or women when disagreements arose not just stop short of assaulting someone. Best to learn from this and move on.
He did not assault her.... I saw the press conference.

Likewise he did not show her respect either. She wanted him to give her the microphone and he refused that, pushing her arm away when she tried to take it (her job). That was short of battery, but far from being a courteous gentleman.

It looks like they will write up expected rules for behavior that we can argue about another time.

JR
Cancel the "cancel culture". Do not participate in mob hatred.

frank kayser

• Maryland suburbs of Washington DC
« Reply #19 on: November 16, 2018, 05:32:16 PM »

Andre,

Efficient?

Muting the reporter's mic in the house PA would require an "executive" or "editorial" decision on the part of a White House Communications Agency (WHCA) employee, probably not part of the WHCA PA operator job description.

Muting the mic in the PA would have only antagonized the reporters in the room more than already occurred, and would not mute their live microphone and video camera output, making the situation appear even worse on live media.

From an event management perspective, the episode appeared to be "business as usual" for the current administration, more fodder for talk shows and SNL.

Art

Good answers, Art.  I asked myself the same thing, and now I know.  Had the mic been muted, it would have looked as awkward as when the intern attempted to retrieve the mic.

All so f*ing silly.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #19 on: November 16, 2018, 05:32:16 PM »

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 21 queries.