ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Mic Muting  (Read 5197 times)

Andre Vare

• Hamilton, ON Canada
Mic Muting
« on: November 14, 2018, 03:52:35 PM »

This is from an event management perspective.

Watching the Acosta video, a question arose in my head.  Would it not have been more efficient to first mute the microphone?

Of course I know enough to know that I do not know whole story of what happened behind the curtain.

Andre

Art Welter

• Santa Fe, New Mexico
Re: Mic Muting
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2018, 11:03:39 PM »

This is from an event management perspective.

Watching the Acosta video, a question arose in my head.  Would it not have been more efficient to first mute the microphone?
Andre,

Efficient?

Muting the reporter's mic in the house PA would require an "executive" or "editorial" decision on the part of a White House Communications Agency (WHCA) employee, probably not part of the WHCA PA operator job description.

Muting the mic in the PA would have only antagonized the reporters in the room more than already occurred, and would not mute their live microphone and video camera output, making the situation appear even worse on live media.

From an event management perspective, the episode appeared to be "business as usual" for the current administration, more fodder for talk shows and SNL.

Art

Stephen Beatty

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2018, 11:20:24 AM »

And you would't want to be part of a law suite....

David Allred

« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2018, 12:01:32 PM »

From an event management perspective, the episode appeared to be "business as usual" for the current administration, more fodder for talk shows and SNL.

Art

In prison, if one arrogant bully has a problem with another arrogant bully, the result is usually decisive.  In a "civilized" encounter,  if one arrogant bully has a problem with another arrogant bully, the result is (by definition) "a confrontation amongst two or more parties in which no participant can proceed or retreat without being exposed to danger. As a result, all participants need to maintain the strategic tension, which remains unresolved until some outside event makes it possible to resolve it."

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2018, 12:12:17 PM »

In prison, if one arrogant bully has a problem with another arrogant bully, the result is usually decisive.  In a "civilized" encounter,  if one arrogant bully has a problem with another arrogant bully, the result is (by definition) "a confrontation amongst two or more parties in which no participant can proceed or retreat without being exposed to danger. As a result, all participants need to maintain the strategic tension, which remains unresolved until some outside event makes it possible to resolve it."

And if one of those prison bullies is the warden or one of his minion, the outcome will not be a happy one.

"What we have here, is a failure to co-mun-i-cate."
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Chris Hindle

• SR Forums
  • Montreal, Quebec, Canada, Earth, Sol System,......
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2018, 12:29:46 PM »

I agree. Put the Big T in Jail for a weekend.....
Decisive indeed..... ;D
Chris.
Ya, Whatever. Just throw a '57 on it, and get off my stage.

David Allred

« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2018, 12:55:46 PM »

I agree. Put the Big T in Jail for a weekend.....
Decisive indeed..... ;D
Chris.

Not Acosta for sexually acostaing that intern?  Isn't that what it is when a man touches a woman without an invitation?
Oops! Might get locked.

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2018, 01:03:37 PM »

Not Acosta for sexually acostaing that intern?  Isn't that what it is when a man touches a woman without an invitation?
Oops! Might get locked.

If the only video of the incident you watched was the doctored clip proffered by the White House Propaganda Minister, you'd think that.

There's another video up, done by an IT professional, who demonstrates exactly how the original and innocuous clip was altered.

"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

John Roberts {JR}

• Hickory, Mississippi, USA
    • Resotune
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2018, 01:22:04 PM »

I watched it in real time... While the physical contact was well short of battery, I recall a similar hyperbolic extrapolation about casual contact during the campaign, so spin bait.

Yes, a mic mute button on the podium would elegantly help maintain control of the room (I have made that exact suggestion elsewhere). Since this was surely a politically motivated incident, this thread is likely to get locked.

JR 
Cancel the "cancel culture". Do not participate in mob hatred.

John L Nobile

« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2018, 01:27:11 PM »

He said I'm sorry Ma'am right after the touch. Guys that do that intentionally don't apologize till it's been dragged through the press and their careers are jeopardized.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2018, 01:27:11 PM »

Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 19 queries.