ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Couldn't resist....  (Read 9218 times)

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
Re: Couldn't resist....
« Reply #20 on: November 13, 2018, 02:24:49 PM »

Being around Raleigh as well, whomever post that craigslist ad, has posted it many times over the year.  I'm not sure if their inventory is getting larger (maybe they don't want it to).

Really Bob?... This is the first time I have seen it.

I know we all have to start somewhere but its the fact that the ad boasts,   "20,000 watt PRO PA system" and "If we don't have it, it can't be found",  along with the awful photo that makes me cringe.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2018, 03:22:53 PM by Debbie Dunkley »
A young child says to his mother, "Mom, when I grow up I'm going to be a musician." She replies, "Well honey, you know you can't do both."

Steve Crump

« Reply #21 on: November 13, 2018, 03:02:28 PM »

I know we all have to start somewhere but its the fact that the ad boosts,   "20,000 watt PRO PA system" and "If we don't have it, it can't be found",  along with the awful photo that makes me cringe.

"HYPE"

noun

exaggerated publicity; hoopla.
    an ingenious or questionable claim, method, etc., used in advertising, promotion, or publicity to intensify the effect.

Used in the entertainment business frequently...

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
« Reply #22 on: November 13, 2018, 03:24:59 PM »

"HYPE"

noun

exaggerated publicity; hoopla.
    an ingenious or questionable claim, method, etc., used in advertising, promotion, or publicity to intensify the effect.

Used in the entertainment business frequently...

LOL....If you are going to use hype, DON'T post a photo like that one and you stand a very small chance of getting away with it!
A young child says to his mother, "Mom, when I grow up I'm going to be a musician." She replies, "Well honey, you know you can't do both."

Steve Crump

« Reply #23 on: November 13, 2018, 03:28:12 PM »

LOL....If you are going to use hype, DON'T post a photo like that one and you stand a very small chance of getting away with it!

LOL...

Bob Faulkner

• Raleigh, NC
« Reply #24 on: November 13, 2018, 08:59:12 PM »

I know we all have to start somewhere but its the fact that the ad boasts,   "20,000 watt PRO PA system" and "If we don't have it, it can't be found",  along with the awful photo that makes me cringe.
lol

Seems they post the same ad about every 2 months.  Was actually hoping they would post other photos just so we could see more of what they are marketing! 

Scott Holtzman

• Ghost AV - Avon Lake, OH
    • Ghost Audio Visual Systems, LLC
« Reply #25 on: November 14, 2018, 12:36:34 AM »

lol

Seems they post the same ad about every 2 months.  Was actually hoping they would post other photos just so we could see more of what they are marketing!

We had a similar local company, a little bit better on the gear but still a train wreck.  They started renting stuff from us and at first were a total pain to work with.  Untrained crew, tardiness, sloppy stages etc.  However the city has a mandate to work with minority owned businesses and they were booking good business despite the product being provided.   We are now partnering with them, helping train their crew and forging what could turn out to be a real strategic partnership.  Without exposure and mentoring folks don't know what they don't know.  As long as they have a willingness to learn I don't think it matters where they start.   
Scott AKA "Skyking" Holtzman

Ghost Audio Visual Solutions, LLC
Cleveland OH
www.ghostav.rocks

frank kayser

• Maryland suburbs of Washington DC
« Reply #26 on: November 14, 2018, 02:00:29 PM »

Lighting a wee Fyre there Frank ?  ::)
Chris.

Who me?  Never!  ;)

Bob Stone

« Reply #27 on: November 14, 2018, 10:22:53 PM »

We had a similar local company, a little bit better on the gear but still a train wreck.  They started renting stuff from us and at first were a total pain to work with.  Untrained crew, tardiness, sloppy stages etc.  However the city has a mandate to work with minority owned businesses and they were booking good business despite the product being provided.   We are now partnering with them, helping train their crew and forging what could turn out to be a real strategic partnership.  Without exposure and mentoring folks don't know what they don't know.  As long as they have a willingness to learn I don't think it matters where they start.

Agreed. Money and the gear it buys are definitely not the first things on the list that makes for a good production company.

I started in this business using questionable home audio speakers from radio shack djing for little sub 50 people parties when I was in my teens but all of my clients from then and until now have always been happy with my services.

Douglas Stringfellow

« Reply #28 on: November 15, 2018, 02:23:16 PM »

Not surprised by the responses here about this group, if there's no Knowledge or finances or POC make fun of them. Hope all are feeling better!

lindsay Dean

• Classic LAB
« Reply #29 on: November 15, 2018, 02:49:44 PM »

"until you know what you don't know you think you know everything"

Most people start from the bottom.
 The critical thing is if you're willing to learn from people that know more and are willing to mentor.
"A mans got to know his limitations"
     and Pray for higher guidance

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #29 on: November 15, 2018, 02:49:44 PM »

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 24 queries.