ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: RCF HD10a mk4 vs Alto TS310?  (Read 10826 times)

Richard Penrose

Re: RCF HD10a mk4 vs Alto TS310?
« Reply #30 on: September 21, 2022, 06:45:04 PM »

I’ve just noticed RCF have released an ART 910-ax model which has an onboard 6 channel digital mixer (2 mic line combo inputs, 1 stereo mini Jack input and 1 stereo Bluetooth). The mixer has dedicated eq, compressors and reverb for each channel. This could be quite a useful product where you are extremely limited on space and just need one speaker for something like vocals and keys. I only did a gig at the weekend where the venue was tiny and the space where we set up was also extremely limited. We used a single Bose S1 and plugged the vocal mic and keyboard into it and it was an effective solution for this gig. It also has a side handle like I wanted.
The ART 910-ax costs almost double the price of the standard ART910 at £795. It costs more than some good alternatives such as the Yamaha DXR10 mk2 and QSC K10.2 and it would be very helpful to know how it compares to those regarding just the overall audio quality.

Andy King

« Reply #31 on: October 09, 2022, 08:52:30 PM »

Well in the end, I went with the Yamaha DZR10s. If I was going for a lightweight plastic box, I would prefer the ART9 series to the HD boxes. Cant comment on the AX version, it seems a lot extra to pay for a small mixer function and I am not a fan of bluetooth in professional applications. The display does look useful though.

Richard Penrose

« Reply #32 on: October 10, 2022, 02:20:47 AM »

Thanks Andy. The DZR10’s are a great speaker.

I’m leaning towards either the

RCF HD10mkV
FBT Promaxx 110a

I may also try the QSC K10.2 which is as heavy as I want to go but I’m not sure about this one. I’ve read lots of users having reliability issues with the amp module though I don’t know which version of the firmware they were all using. Also, I’m not sure they would give me a noticeable step up in audio performance that would reflect the much higher price over both the RCF and FBT models?

The RCF 910’s do look like a good option but I really want at least one side handle and the weight to be as close to my Alto TS210’s as possible.

Scott Holtzman

• Ghost AV - Avon Lake, OH
    • Ghost Audio Visual Systems, LLC
« Reply #33 on: October 10, 2022, 09:59:58 AM »

Thanks Andy. The DZR10’s are a great speaker.

I’m leaning towards either the

RCF HD10mkV
FBT Promaxx 110a

I may also try the QSC K10.2 which is as heavy as I want to go but I’m not sure about this one. I’ve read lots of users having reliability issues with the amp module though I don’t know which version of the firmware they were all using. Also, I’m not sure they would give me a noticeable step up in audio performance that would reflect the much higher price over both the RCF and FBT models?

The RCF 910’s do look like a good option but I really want at least one side handle and the weight to be as close to my Alto TS210’s as possible.

We sold and rented a good bit of QDC v1 stuff.  I have not made the dip into .2.  Over the pandemic we added a good bit of Yamaha DSR and those are doing well over the KW subs.  Multiple sets are out every weekend.  We have the FBT MUS210LA dual 10" line arrays, have 4 carts of them now.  Both the RCF and FBT are steps above the Alto and can serve you well.[size=78%] [/size]
Scott AKA "Skyking" Holtzman

Ghost Audio Visual Solutions, LLC
Cleveland OH
www.ghostav.rocks

Richard Penrose

« Reply #34 on: October 10, 2022, 12:56:09 PM »

We sold and rented a good bit of QDC v1 stuff.  I have not made the dip into .2.  Over the pandemic we added a good bit of Yamaha DSR and those are doing well over the KW subs.  Multiple sets are out every weekend.  We have the FBT MUS210LA dual 10" line arrays, have 4 carts of them now.  Both the RCF and FBT are steps above the Alto and can serve you well.[size=78%] [/size]

Thanks Scott. The new QSC K.2 range have supposedly improved over the v1 series and hold their composure a lot more when being driven at higher spl’s.

Yes I would expect the RCF and FBT options to be steps above the Alto’s as I’ve already heard the RCF 7series and budget FBT X-Lite series which were both a clear step up in audio performance over the Alto equivalents.

Ideally I’d like to try and arrange a way of being able to listen and compare all of the options at the same time if I can make it happen.

Richard Penrose

« Reply #35 on: November 01, 2022, 07:04:01 PM »

The new EV Everse8 looks interesting. I know two vocalists who own the Bose S1 and I have heard/used these speakers quite a few times recently. I found the S1 to go at least as loud as the Alto TS210’s and they had a similar bass response. However, the Alto’s sounded cleaner at louder volumes and the Bose started to loose composure and there was a lot of port noise. Saying that I have used just a single S1 for FOH for piano + vocals at small events (roughly 50 people) and the S1 was quite good though I would have much preferred to have some built in eq.
From what I’ve read and been told, the EV Everse8 has a much higher output and greater bass response. If this is the case, it could well go noticeably louder than my Alto TS210’s and potentially have greater bass response. If this is the case, they could be another potential option for me to audition. In fact I’m seriously tempted to get one anyway as it looks such a useful product. I could see myself using one as a keyboard amp and FOH on small acoustic gigs.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #35 on: November 01, 2022, 07:04:01 PM »

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 24 queries.