ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Chamsys/Magicq hardware  (Read 5247 times)

Lyle Williams

Chamsys/Magicq hardware
« on: November 08, 2018, 02:56:13 PM »

Is anyone out there using Chamsys/Magicq hardware in a significant way?

Some features are tied to hardware, and I want to understand if there are strategies that minimise console obsolescence.

ie, how do I grow with the product without having to rebuy everything each time I want the next feature?

Tim Weaver

• College Station, Texas
    • Daniela Weaver Photography
Re: Chamsys/Magicq hardware
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2018, 04:28:44 PM »

Is anyone out there using Chamsys/Magicq hardware in a significant way?

Some features are tied to hardware, and I want to understand if there are strategies that minimise console obsolescence.

ie, how do I grow with the product without having to rebuy everything each time I want the next feature?

What features are you concerned with? I use a PC wing and a Mini Wing on two different setups. Both have gone through several updates without losing any features at all... I am confuse?
Bullwinkle: This is the amplifier, which amplifies the sound. This is the Preamplifier which, of course, amplifies the pree's.

Lyle Williams

« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2018, 07:16:05 AM »

I am starting to feel that the compact wing is the way to go.

If you get the dual DMX interface and then decide you want physical controls then you really need to sell the interface and buy the wing.

When you start looking beyond the wings to the consoles, some features that you had with the wings disappear.

Buy a MQ40N and then decide it yould be nice to have an external touchscreen?  Sell the desk and buy a MQ60.

Get a MQ60 then decide you need timecode input.  Sell the desk and buy a MQ70.

Without having to buy the huge desk upfront, it'd be nice to turn on features for an additional license fee, rather than having to rebuy the platform.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2018, 07:16:05 AM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 24 queries.