ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Recycling old fresnels.  (Read 7364 times)

Geert Friedhof

Re: Recycling old fresnels.
« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2018, 09:48:48 PM »

I've been looking for pictures of the inside of the above mentioned grid based fresnels, but sadly couldn't find any. But from the three mentioned only the f915-fc uses a real fresnel lens. The other two only make it really hard to look through the glas. ;)

Tim Weaver

• College Station, Texas
    • Daniela Weaver Photography
« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2018, 11:00:27 PM »

FWIW, I gutted an 8" fresnel and dropped a 1/4 watt par fixture into it. While it does "work" there is a multicolored "litebrite" look to the fresnel lens. It doesn't look nearly as good.

I was hoping to use the 8"ers around the stage on floor stands to enhance the look.
Bullwinkle: This is the amplifier, which amplifies the sound. This is the Preamplifier which, of course, amplifies the pree's.

Jeff Lelko

• Cape Canaveral, FL
« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2018, 05:50:21 AM »

I've been looking for pictures of the inside of the above mentioned grid based fresnels, but sadly couldn't find any.

Here's the emitter PCB from the 915:

https://www.chauvetparts.com/product.htm?pid=267437&cat=20787

If you've never seen the insides of an ETC Source Four LED there's a How It's Made episode that gives away a few secrets too.  To argue against myself, yes, it's definitely more compact than the front face of a 6-in-1 SlimPar Pro, but I still think with a bit of fidgeting it'd be viable to some degree, for the purpose only of creating a fixture with a single lens that mimics the "old school" look of stage lights.  That's why I mention the Spectra Par - that's essentially what they're doing, optics aside.

FWIW, I gutted an 8" fresnel and dropped a 1/4 watt par fixture into it. While it does "work" there is a multicolored "litebrite" look to the fresnel lens. It doesn't look nearly as good.

That's interesting.  I wonder if a sheet of diffusion upstream of the lens would help to mask that? 

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2018, 05:50:21 AM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 24 queries.