Sound Reinforcement - Forums for Live Sound Professionals - Your Displayed Name Must Be Your Real Full Name To Post In The Live Sound Forums > DJ Forum

What type of generator/inverter/power conditioning for system

<< < (2/5) > >>

Scott Holtzman:

--- Quote from: Steven C Barnes on November 08, 2018, 08:28:51 AM ---Yes i meant an inverter generator im sorry.
Now in terms of efficiency, Is the Honda series really worth the extra $$$ compared to other portable inverters like the Champion 3200 or Predator series? I see a lot of them that are very competitively prices and Honda is near double most of them.
And for the most part i will indeed have power but at some camp grounds and small events I will not have power. I could always just drop one of the PRX 818s while mobile if a inverter generator is a bad idea.
As for insurance, that is my next step coming up but I wanted to have all my equipment first.

--- End quote ---
It's not theft insurance on your equipment,  it's liability insurance to protect the venue.

Sent from my VS996 using Tapatalk

Dave Garoutte:
Yamaha makes a similar genny for a bit less.
Super quiet.

Steven C Barnes:

--- Quote from: Dave Garoutte on November 08, 2018, 12:42:54 PM ---Yamaha makes a similar genny for a bit less.
Super quiet.

--- End quote ---
Thanks i was really looking into the Champion 3400 watt inverter generator. Its under 1000 dollars and from all the reviews i read it works great. Any objections on Champion vs Yamaha/Honda?

Scott Holtzman:

--- Quote from: Steven C Barnes on November 08, 2018, 01:54:38 PM ---Thanks i was really looking into the Champion 3400 watt inverter generator. Its under 1000 dollars and from all the reviews i read it works great. Any objections on Champion vs Yamaha/Honda?

--- End quote ---

It is much nosier,  constructed cheaper and the outputs get noisy as you approach full load.  Extra caution for non-PFC devices connected to it.

There were some tests done on the Champion over in RV Forum that had scope traces of the inverter line noise.

Steven C Barnes:

--- Quote from: Scott Holtzman on November 08, 2018, 02:37:09 PM ---It is much nosier,  constructed cheaper and the outputs get noisy as you approach full load.  Extra caution for non-PFC devices connected to it.

There were some tests done on the Champion over in RV Forum that had scope traces of the inverter line noise.

--- End quote ---
Oh wow thanks for the heads up ill look into that. The last thing I want is noise. How about Biggs & Stratton? They have some gennys on sale right now for this month.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version