ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: DJ Scan 250, erratic behavior with new controller.  (Read 5113 times)

Gordon Brinton

• ID Verified
    • Raw Depth Sound and Raw Depth Video, Carlisle, PA
Re: DJ Scan 250, erratic behavior with new controller.
« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2018, 04:56:19 AM »

I tried reversing pins 2 & 3 on the dmx cable. The light went completely berserk and was uncontrollable. I had previously also tried switching out cables, both dmx/data and mic, using wireless sticks, isolating each fixture, and using two different terminators. I think I can safely rule out cabling as the cause...
Member since 2005.

Jeff Lelko

• Cape Canaveral, FL
« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2018, 08:06:47 PM »

Swapping the pin-out is about the only thing that I have NOT yet tried. I may have time to do that after work today or tomorrow.
I don’t know if would do that. 
I tried reversing pins 2 & 3 on the dmx cable. The light went completely berserk and was uncontrollable.

I told you not to try that!  Not that it'll hurt anything, but that's along the lines of what will happen.  The pins 2 and 3 reversing was a Martin thing in the late 90s. 

Have you tried playing with any of the settings on your interface besides the DMX Speed? 

Scott Holtzman

• Ghost AV - Avon Lake, OH
    • Ghost Audio Visual Systems, LLC
« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2018, 12:39:42 AM »

I told you not to try that!  Not that it'll hurt anything, but that's along the lines of what will happen.  The pins 2 and 3 reversing was a Martin thing in the late 90s. 

Have you tried playing with any of the settings on your interface besides the DMX Speed?

When I first read this I wondered if you are using an immediate transition or a stepped?

Scott AKA "Skyking" Holtzman

Ghost Audio Visual Solutions, LLC
Cleveland OH
www.ghostav.rocks

Gordon Brinton

• ID Verified
    • Raw Depth Sound and Raw Depth Video, Carlisle, PA
« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2018, 02:32:31 AM »

Others told me to try it...that it wouldn't hurt anything. I only did it with one fixture that is not a part of my normal stage show. I like to use the Process-of-Elimination when problem solving. Now I know.

Oh, yes. I'd spent a few hours tweaking almost every setting in the thing. DMX speed was the only setting that got a result. Albeit, not a satisfactory result.

Member since 2005.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2018, 02:32:31 AM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.029 seconds with 23 queries.