ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Church Sound: Methods For Doing System Line Checks  (Read 3458 times)

M. Erik Matlock

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Editor Live Sound International/ProSoundWeb
    • M. Erik Matlock on PSW
Church Sound: Methods For Doing System Line Checks
« on: November 06, 2018, 02:56:55 PM »

One of those things that most sound people know they should do...
By Mike Sessler • November 6, 2018

The line check. It’s one of those things that most sound people know they should do, or at least would like to have time to do, but often fail to get around to actually doing.

Getting a line check done before the band arrives has saved me on several occasions.

Not getting it done has cost us time (and when I say us, I mean the tech team, the band, the producer and everyone else in the room).

So what is a line check? Just like it sounds, it’s a time to check each line from the stage to the soundboard (and back, if you have wired monitors).

There are many ways to do it, and I’ll outline a few here. What’s really important is that you check each line, from it’s beginning—be that a mic, a DI or instrument cable—to the end, the sound board...

Continue reading here: https://www.prosoundweb.com/channels/church/church_sound_methods_for_doing_system_line_checks/
Train the next generation. Success without a successor is ultimately failure. wywu.org

ProSoundWeb Community

« on: November 06, 2018, 02:56:55 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 18 queries.