ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Asset tags and ID labels? Rental mgmt and quoting/invoicing software?  (Read 1165 times)

Scott Helmke

Re: Asset tags and ID labels? Rental mgmt and quoting/invoicing software?
« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2018, 11:05:47 pm »

The qlx-d is labeled in the battery compartment.    You are right, if I needed to bring wired mics to a gig with IMAG this would be an issue.

We do try to squeeze the tags inside a mic whenever possible.  That's gotten easier with printing labels in-house; the guy doing the labels even managed to do one that'll carry a barcode and fit in between the XLR pins.

Scott Holtzman

• Ghost AV - Avon Lake, OH
    • Ghost Audio Visual Systems, LLC
« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2018, 12:59:44 am »

Haha...More for our control and easy identification on joint gigs.

I pulled this out of a mic kit I happened to have in my car.  The guys could do a better job of putting the labels on straight.

Scott AKA "Skyking" Holtzman
River Delta Audio is now:

Ghost Audio Visual Solutions, LLC
Cleveland OH
www.ghostav.rocks

Tim Hite

• Bad Quail
« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2018, 01:57:04 am »

I get it.

I left my pair of PMC monitors behind at a job because I didn't inventory things off and on the truck. Lesson learned.

Having dealt with US Government property books in the past, I feel like I should have a good plan in place walking into this task.  I know I'm going to be adding a RMS software package shortly, and I may as well start integrating now.

Are you guys using barcode guns and cell phones to scan gear in and out?

Are you using pre-packed road cases with set inventories of gear?

I already feel like I'm going to end up buying a lot of stuff twice to manage the whole affair. . .I can't even figure out what size cases to standardize on right now.

Haha...More for our control and easy identification on joint gigs.

I pulled this out of a mic kit I happened to have in my car.  The guys could do a better job of putting the labels on straight.
Bad Quail
Sound + Light
Joshua Tree, California

peter dakin

« Reply #13 on: November 06, 2018, 01:20:32 pm »

We went down the road of FLEX. Its not cheap, but its a beast and does what you need it to. Integrates with Quickbooks too.

We have barcode scanners and most items are barcoded. SDC and hand-held mics are tricky, are you want them barcoded but want them to still look tidy.
I've seen some companies use micro barcodes and stick them between pins 2&3 in the XLR chassis.

You can build racks temporarily or permanently, so you don't have to scan everything in a rack overtime, just scan the flightcase and the system know's what's in side.

I've used a few different software platforms and FLEX is far from perfect, but it seems the most logical to me.

However with all these programs, they're only as good as the people operating them.
If you don't scan something out, the whole system can collapse, so getting these systems might seem like a good idea on paper, but be prepared to have to hire someone, just to run the scanning/warehouse side of things.

Steven Eudaly

• Living the dream.
    • Headline Productions
« Reply #14 on: November 06, 2018, 04:31:58 pm »

We went down the road of FLEX. Its not cheap, but its a beast and does what you need it to. Integrates with Quickbooks too.

We have barcode scanners and most items are barcoded. SDC and hand-held mics are tricky, are you want them barcoded but want them to still look tidy.
I've seen some companies use micro barcodes and stick them between pins 2&3 in the XLR chassis.

You can build racks temporarily or permanently, so you don't have to scan everything in a rack overtime, just scan the flightcase and the system know's what's in side.

I've used a few different software platforms and FLEX is far from perfect, but it seems the most logical to me.

However with all these programs, they're only as good as the people operating them.
If you don't scan something out, the whole system can collapse, so getting these systems might seem like a good idea on paper, but be prepared to have to hire someone, just to run the scanning/warehouse side of things.

This is very helpful info. We're in the market for something exactly like this.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.059 seconds with 21 queries.