ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Music system in an industrial/manufacturing environment  (Read 136 times)

Charles94

Music system in an industrial/manufacturing environment
« on: November 03, 2018, 09:18:47 am »

Iíve recently been assigned responsibility for managing a factory that assembles truck axles. I have about 150 people on 3 shifts and the majority are under 30 years old. The days are long and the work is repetitive and tireing.

We struggle recruiting, hiring and retaining qualified people. Iíve been tasked with actions on above and I believe playing music during the shift would be big hit with team.

I would like to stream music (probably Pandora) from a laptop to powered wireless speakers. The area is about 300í x 300í. We have a network LAN and WIFi internet throughout the building. The sound level of the music would be background/ conversational level, not blasting from the rafters/club level.

Your thoughts on a simple effective system appreciated.

Charles94

Re: Music system in an industrial/manufacturing environment
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2018, 10:48:00 am »

Does the plant noise level require hearing protection by OSHA?  If not, adding music may change that, and then you may start a spiral of needing more volume to compensate.

Hearing protection required anI would estimate current sound levels as typical 70-80 factory dB levels. Music levels would not be above 85 DB OSHA threshold.

Mac Kerr

• Old enough to know better
  • Administrator
  • Audio Plumber