ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Digico SD5 talkback mic.  (Read 2002 times)

Al Rettich

Digico SD5 talkback mic.
« on: November 01, 2018, 07:13:01 PM »

So what I’ve been told is the TB is on the back of the desk in one of the analogue mic inputs.  Anyone ever use like a podium mic? If so, how did it fair?

Mike Caldwell

• Covington, Ohio
    • Mike Caldwell Audio Productions
Re: Digico SD5 talkback mic.
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2018, 08:45:46 PM »

I have no clue what Digico does in the way of a talk back connection or operation but for my needs I like using a headset mic as a talk back when I need a talk back mic.

The AT PRO 8HEx works great.

Erik Jerde

• Classic LAB
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2018, 09:03:32 PM »

This is correct.  You can use any input in your system as a source for talkback.  There is no dedicated TB input.  As far as a podium mic, it really depends on your situation.  If you're in a loud rock setup where you're going to introduce a lot of feedback then it's a bad idea.  I once modded a CB radio handheld mic with push button as a TB and that worked great till it walked off one day.  I guess someone else thought it worked great too.

Mac Kerr

• Old enough to know better
  • Administrator
  • Audio Plumber
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2018, 10:40:48 PM »

As far as a podium mic, it really depends on your situation.  If you're in a loud rock setup where you're going to introduce a lot of feedback then it's a bad idea.  I once modded a CB radio handheld mic with push button as a TB and that worked great till it walked off one day.  I guess someone else thought it worked great too.

I would expect a cardioid or hypercardioid lectern mic to be far less susceptible to feedback than an omni fist mic from a CB or walkie talkie. Neither one would be my first choice either for sound quality or GBF. A handheld switch mic that you pick up and talk into is a better choice.

Mac

Jim Roach

« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2018, 04:09:45 AM »

I have used a a Shure SM99 plugged directly into a local input on an SD8 and bent back over the desk. This is an installed system with monitors from FOH so I dimmed the monitors when the TB is engaged. It's never routed to the house. In every other situation, I use a switched handheld mic as Mac suggested above.
The meter bridge on an SD5 would necessitate using a cable and a mic stand with the podium mic pretty much making it pointless.

Scott Helmke

« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2018, 11:46:52 AM »

This is correct.  You can use any input in your system as a source for talkback.  There is no dedicated TB input.  As far as a podium mic, it really depends on your situation.  If you're in a loud rock setup where you're going to introduce a lot of feedback then it's a bad idea.  I once modded a CB radio handheld mic with push button as a TB and that worked great till it walked off one day.  I guess someone else thought it worked great too.

http://www.shure.com/americas/products/microphones/other/514b-voice-communication-microphone

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2018, 11:46:52 AM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 22 queries.