ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Go Down

Author Topic: Network cable for audio  (Read 31696 times)

Caleb Dueck

• Sierra Vista, AZ
Re: Network cable for audio
« Reply #70 on: July 11, 2019, 09:58:19 PM »

I seem to recall that the required cable for the X32 was not the same as for the Pro series.

This is just from memory, but the Pro 1/2 were different - something about the shields of the Ethercon connectors weren't grounded inside the mixer?  This was based on an email forwarded from Midas from a previous employer, I don't have a link to an actual document. 
Experience is something you get right after you need it.

Dan Mortensen

« Reply #71 on: July 12, 2019, 02:41:41 AM »

Depends on how good the implementation of a given protocol is for a product. Just because it has an RJ45 jack (look that up), doesn’t mean the circuits behind it are robust.

While I know what an RJ45 jack is, I'm not sure how that or the rest of what you wrote above relates to your statement that a cable that is designed to pass signal better than a lesser cable actually performs worse in a circuit designed for the lesser cable.

Just look at the brouhaha over the ESD issues the X32 had.
People who used cables other than that specified sometimes had issues. Not ok for pro work.

The issues were from people using exactly the cable that Behringer specified at the time, which was unshielded CAT5e, with Ethercon not necessary. The quote in the Behringer literature, which you can't find anymore, was something like "any CAT 5e cable that can be found in any hardware or other store".

Douglas R. Allen

« Reply #72 on: July 13, 2019, 05:32:16 AM »

This is just from memory, but the Pro 1/2 were different - something about the shields of the Ethercon connectors weren't grounded inside the mixer?  This was based on an email forwarded from Midas from a previous employer, I don't have a link to an actual document.

Yes, STP for X/M32 line and UTP for the ProLine.  If you use a ProLine stage box like a DL153 etc. with a X/M32 you'll still use the STP. I was looking at the DL153 for stage boxes so I contacted Midas and that was the reply I got from them.

Douglas R. Allen

William Schnake

• Schnake Sound & Light
« Reply #73 on: July 13, 2019, 07:07:36 PM »

We use UTP CAT6 on our Pro 1 and Pro 2, 150' run with no issues as of yet.  We are now 2 year in to this system.  We are also running to either a DL251 or DL151 and DL153.  Just depends on which rack we take to a given show.

Bill
Bill Schnake - Owner Schnake Sound & Light

Avid/Crown/EAW/EV/Midas/RCF/Shure/Yamaha

schnakesound.com

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #73 on: July 13, 2019, 07:07:36 PM »

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.016 seconds with 20 queries.