ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Green go belt pack issue  (Read 1465 times)

Guy Hankins

Green go belt pack issue
« on: October 31, 2018, 12:21:03 PM »

I'm not a frequent user of green go, but can get a basic set up working and set up groups and users to get up and running.
On a recent show we came in pre show and had an issue which wasn't there the night before when we had done rehearsals.
So, 3 packs at front of house could speak to each other on the production group, but no one back stage could hear them. A 4th pack at foh could talk to backstage on production but not the rest of foh. There was not long until doors so after checking the settings on the control laptop I couldn't find anything wrong and swapped out the packs, reset the user and all worked fine again. The only thing I noticed was the icon in the devices window was orange on the packs that could not talk to backstage and the rest were green. I didn't have any time to investigate further as the show started.
Would a reset on the packs have fixed the issue or is there something to look for on the control laptop.
Thanks.
Guy.

Erik Jerde

• Classic LAB
Re: Green go belt pack issue
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2018, 01:01:41 PM »

I'm not a frequent user of green go, but can get a basic set up working and set up groups and users to get up and running.
On a recent show we came in pre show and had an issue which wasn't there the night before when we had done rehearsals.
So, 3 packs at front of house could speak to each other on the production group, but no one back stage could hear them. A 4th pack at foh could talk to backstage on production but not the rest of foh. There was not long until doors so after checking the settings on the control laptop I couldn't find anything wrong and swapped out the packs, reset the user and all worked fine again. The only thing I noticed was the icon in the devices window was orange on the packs that could not talk to backstage and the rest were green. I didn't have any time to investigate further as the show started.
Would a reset on the packs have fixed the issue or is there something to look for on the control laptop.
Thanks.
Guy.

I'd have checked to make sure the problem pack had the correct IP address and hadn't somehow gone to an auto-configure address.  I've seen that happen often enough that I've set all of ours to fixed IP addresses.  For some reason sometimes they don't successfully do DHCP.  When they do this sometimes you can pull power and then re-attach and they'll auto-correct.  Sometimes they won't though.  Re-sending the configuration can help sometimes too, but won't address an addressing issue.

With the exception of the above mentioned addressing issue the GreenGo install I did at a church I work with has been pretty rock solid for a couple years now.  It's wired and wireless as well as some 4W interfaces for camera CCUs.  My only major complaint against the system is the poor documentation which makes setup quite a bit harder than it needs to be.

Guy Hankins

« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2018, 01:31:43 PM »

The system had been on all night and all was working during rehearsals I think! It just seemed odd that they could talk to come in a group but not others.

Erik Jerde

• Classic LAB
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2018, 08:13:21 PM »

The system had been on all night and all was working during rehearsals I think! It just seemed odd that they could talk to come in a group but not others.

Well next time check IP address on the pack and see if it's in the same range as the other units.  That'll at least give you a place to start.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2018, 08:13:21 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.025 seconds with 24 queries.