Sound Reinforcement - Forums for Live Sound Professionals - Your Displayed Name Must Be Your Real Full Name To Post In The Live Sound Forums > LAB Subwoofer Forum

What subs are flyable and under 2k?

(1/2) > >>

Tim Weaver:
A Church I work with some wants to upgrade their subs. This is a rock and roll church and they've blown one of their 118's. Time to grow.....

I recomended the RRX828 for them. A pair of these would suffice, but currently their subs are flown because they don't have a convenient place to put subs on the floor. What is out there in the realm of the 828 that has flypoints?

Caleb Dueck:

--- Quote from: Tim Weaver on October 29, 2018, 09:04:53 PM ---A Church I work with some wants to upgrade their subs. This is a rock and roll church and they've blown one of their 118's. Time to grow.....

I recomended the RRX828 for them. A pair of these would suffice, but currently their subs are flown because they don't have a convenient place to put subs on the floor. What is out there in the realm of the 828 that has flypoints?

--- End quote ---
What SPL?  That's a better starting point than budget, especially if more on the rock and roll spectrum. 

Flyable and efficient - Danley.  All models have fly points.  The TH115 is under $2k, and while the TH118 and DBH aren't - they are basically 1.5x or 2x a typical 218 front loaded sub, especially at that price point.  Most of the other lower cost horn loaded don't have fly points (ELS 118, JTR Orbit Shifter, etc). 

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

Tim Hite:
Are we talking powered or passive subs here?

Also is that a typo on RRX? You're looking for JBL SRX?

--- Quote from: Tim Weaver on October 29, 2018, 09:04:53 PM ---A Church I work with some wants to upgrade their subs. This is a rock and roll church and they've blown one of their 118's. Time to grow.....

--- End quote ---

Tim Weaver:
Sorry, yes JBL SRX828 powered.

Caleb, I don’t have a target spl. They have 2 single 18’s now, and I have suggested 2 TH118’s on the high end, or 2 SRX828’s on the cheap end.

Their auditorium holds around 400 ish people. Typical metal building, but with partial carpet, soft seats, some wall treatment, and spray insulation on the roof.

Helge A Bentsen:
Does it have to be new?

EAW SB1000z are available used, can be flown and have a tiny footprint if you wish to keep them on the floor.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version