ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Down

Author Topic: Mixmatching subs?  (Read 16245 times)

Mike Pyle

• Santa Rosa, CA
Re: Mixmatching subs?
« Reply #50 on: December 18, 2018, 05:18:22 PM »

Several of the clubs in my area use them and those of us who have an idea of what quality sound is (just compared to the drunk people in the club) have been disappointed with the sound of the products. Despite that, those subs definitely raise hairs and go quite low.

A number of folks here are familiar with Bassboss and would disagree with your opinion.
Mike Pyle  Audiopyle Sound  707-315-6204
Dealer For: JBL, Soundcraft, Crown, dbx, AKG, Yorkville, EV, QSC, RCF, FBT, Danley Sound Labs, Meyer Sound, Fulcrum Acoustic, Tannoy, Lab Gruppen, Powersoft, Linea Research, EAW, Allen & Heath, Ashly, APB, Audix, One Systems, Presonus, K&M, Ultimate, Global Truss, Intellistage, SKB, Gator, Radial Engineering, Turbosound, Midas, dB Technologies, American DJ, Odyssey, ProCo, Rapco, CBI, Elation, Mipro, Chauvet, Blizzard, Shure, Whirlwind, Bassboss, Yamaha, Line 6, Behringer, On-Stage, more...

Brian Strachan

« Reply #51 on: December 18, 2018, 05:25:43 PM »

A number of folks here are familiar with Bassboss and would disagree with your opinion.

And they are certainly welcome to disagree! Again I don’t mean to talk down about the system. Perhaps the people in my area are running it poorly, but that’s just been our opinion. I also am not in the position to spend almost $5,000 on 1 subwoofer.

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #52 on: December 20, 2018, 12:39:28 PM »

Several of the clubs in my area use them and those of us who have an idea of what quality sound is (just compared to the drunk people in the club) have been disappointed with the sound of the products. Despite that, those subs definitely raise hairs and go quite low.

I've not heard any of David Lee's products other than his subs but I'd be very, very surprised if his top boxes sounded bad when powered, processed and installed/used as BassBoss specifies.  Unless the well is already poisoned, I'd suggest you call David and ask him about what you've noticed and see if Owners Doing Stupid Shit could account for what you observed.

Pleasing drunk people pays the bills even if they flock to what you or I might think of as lousy sound.  I'd also be surprised if your dissatisfaction is with the subwoofers.  While not a "value" brand in the slightest, BassBoss generally outperforms or matches stuff with more highly regarded names and even higher prices.  Whether or not that represents a good investment for owners is a decision they have to make.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2018, 12:43:50 PM by Tim McCulloch »
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Ivan Beaver

• Atlanta GA
« Reply #53 on: December 20, 2018, 05:51:05 PM »

. I also am not in the position to spend almost $5,000 on 1 subwoofer.
It is not the price of the cabinet that you should be concerned with.

But rather the price vs performance ratio.

As an example, would you rather have 1 cabinet that costs $5000, that outperforms 4 cabinets that cost a total of $5000?

Unless you are into "cabinet count" and that is all that matters (it is to some people), it should be the performance/dollar that is of greatest interest.

Now maybe you don't need $5000 worth of performance, maybe $1000 worth of performance is all you need.  If so, then a better quality cabinet is a waste of money.

With any loudspeaker, the fewer you can use to get the performance needed, the better it will overall perform.
A complex question is easily answered by a simple-easy to understand WRONG answer!

Ivan Beaver
Danley Sound Labs

PHYSICS- NOT FADS!

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #53 on: December 20, 2018, 05:51:05 PM »

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 21 queries.