ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]   Go Down

Author Topic: Help with configuring unifi access point with x32 rack  (Read 22829 times)

Kevin Maxwell

• USA SW CT 46miles from MidTown Manhattan ATCF
Re: Help with configuring unifi access point with x32 rack
« Reply #80 on: November 12, 2018, 07:17:02 PM »

It's been returned, waiting for the replacement to come in.

Funny in the last week, I have walked 2 different people through the same setup.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Thank you for the update.

Jay Barracato

• Solomons, MD
« Reply #81 on: December 18, 2018, 05:53:05 PM »

Thank you for the update.
Update, I am still waiting on the replacement rack unit, but I did pick up a x32 compact.

Total elasped time to get the Netgear router connected: about 30 seconds. It did take another 30 minutes to get the ubiquiti edge x router plus mesh access point working because right now the Poe out on the router seems turned off so I had to use separate ac plugs for the router and the access point. I am hoping there is just a setting somewhere in the configuration that will allow me to run both off the same plug.

Right now I have both 2g and 5g parallel access points that use the same static IP for the mixer.

Jay Barracato

Tom Provenza

« Reply #82 on: December 20, 2018, 10:18:16 PM »

Update, I am still waiting on the replacement rack unit, but I did pick up a x32 compact.

Total elasped time to get the Netgear router connected: about 30 seconds. It did take another 30 minutes to get the ubiquiti edge x router plus mesh access point working because right now the Poe out on the router seems turned off so I had to use separate ac plugs for the router and the access point. I am hoping there is just a setting somewhere in the configuration that will allow me to run both off the same plug.

Right now I have both 2g and 5g parallel access points that use the same static IP for the mixer.

How are you powering the edge x router? If it is with the included wall wart it will not power the POE out.
------------------

Tom Provenza

Jay Barracato

• Solomons, MD
« Reply #83 on: December 21, 2018, 12:51:15 AM »

How are you powering the edge x router? If it is with the included wall wart it will not power the POE out.
It does not work with the poe power supply that can with the access point either, i.e. placing the access point power supply before the router turns the router on but not the access point on the Poe through connection (even with ensuring the through is turned on in the router software).

Jay Barracato

Taylor Hall

« Reply #84 on: December 21, 2018, 07:00:46 AM »

If I recall that router only outputs PoE power on one port (port 5/eth4 I believe) so be sure the AP is plugged in there. You also have to input PoE power on port 1/eth0.
There are two ways to do anything:
1) Do it right
2) Do it over until you do it right

Jay Barracato

• Solomons, MD
« Reply #85 on: December 21, 2018, 10:46:01 PM »

If I recall that router only outputs PoE power on one port (port 5/eth4 I believe) so be sure the AP is plugged in there. You also have to input PoE power on port 1/eth0.
Yep, you also have to go into the software setup program to turn it on as it is off in the default position.

Port 0 will power the edge router, port 5 will pass it on. The problem is the Poe power supply I hot with the access point will not do both, which means I still need a separate plug for the router, which then means no need to pass the Poe through the router.

Jay Barracato

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #85 on: December 21, 2018, 10:46:01 PM »

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 25 queries.