ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9   Go Down

Author Topic: Help with configuring unifi access point with x32 rack  (Read 22511 times)

Jay Barracato

• Solomons, MD
Re: Help with configuring unifi access point with x32 rack
« Reply #20 on: October 29, 2018, 10:36:05 AM »

Let's start simple.

Reset an old router/AP/switch combo unit to factory defaults.
Same with x32.
Grab a laptop, setup for DHCP

Plugin all 3 together.

Ping the x32 from the laptop.
I don't have a laptop with Ethernet. We did this repeatedly with my desktop through the Inifi AP with fixed IP's in the same network with no results.

Just trying to get something to work we are getting away from my initial desire, to have the Inifi AP with the mixer on fixed IP's and access through the tablet

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Jay Barracato

Jay Barracato

• Solomons, MD
« Reply #21 on: October 29, 2018, 10:40:57 AM »

I have an idea about the tablet, do you get the "internet can't be found" screen?

If the console doesn't show an address in the same network as the Access point then that's a different problem.
At this point I have tried 100 configurations. Internet is available on the tablets when hooked to my household network, or when I added the new AP or router to my cable modem for configuration purposes. Obviously it is not there in the stand alone mode I am trying to set up.

My older fire tablet will connect without the internet, give me an error message and let me move on. It will not automatically reconnect if it drops the wifi with no internet.

My new Lenovo tab has not connected consistently enough for me to see a pattern

Jay Barracato

Jay Barracato

• Solomons, MD
« Reply #22 on: October 29, 2018, 10:43:32 AM »

I don't know much about wifi nor do I claim to. But I had a guy that does it for a living set up my access point and he put an edge router in the mix to make my I Pad think it sees the internet. All total less than $175 for both.

Edit. Once set up it finds and connects immediately. Before the edge router it would search for a couple of minutes before allowing the access point to attach..
So you think I need another device with the Inifi AP. Can you be more specific about what I am looking for.

For the Linksys, I found a bunch of internet modes for the device but no mention of what the modes do.

I think there has to be a way to tell these devices do not look for internet.

Jay Barracato

Nathan Riddle

• Niceville, FL
    • Nailed Productions
« Reply #23 on: October 29, 2018, 11:01:05 AM »

I don't have a laptop with Ethernet. We did this repeatedly with my desktop through the Inifi AP with fixed IP's in the same network with no results.

Just trying to get something to work we are getting away from my initial desire, to have the Inifi AP with the mixer on fixed IP's and access through the tablet

Laptop, desktop, whatever. Something hardwired preferred.

We're away from your initial desire because you can't even connect to the x32. I am trying to determine if the x32, tablet, router, NIC, etc is broken/misconfigured. Starting with the end in mind is a good idea, starting AT the end (skipping steps) is a bad idea.

You have an android. Download "Network Utilities" and use it to IP Discover (ARP scan) the network; also ping the x32 & gateway.
I'm just a guy trying to do the next right thing.

This business is for people with too much energy for desk jobs and too much brain for labor jobs. - Scott Helmke

Steve Oldridge

« Reply #24 on: October 29, 2018, 11:52:12 AM »

Jay,
having read the entire thread, I'm confused.
Are you trying to connect to the X32 via the Linksys router you referenced or the Ubiquiti AP?  If the latter, why do you need the router?

Which "network" are you trying to connect to?
Remember this.. an Andy tablet will automagically try to connect to the nearest last used network connection. It could be trying to access a network that is not in range.. before it tries the one you want. I have to manually select the network in settings when I'm at home.. to switch to the routers network to which the X32R is connected.

Given that you can't "connect".. are you saying you can't connect to the network, or that your X32 app can't connect to the X32 from your tablet?
I [literally] configured this last week for my bands NEW X32R (which I own), so I'm pretty familiar with the process - on both iPad apps and Mixing Station Pro (on Android).

It's NOT a complex process.. I'm happy to help, but it's not clear from your posts where the problem is ...
« Last Edit: October 29, 2018, 11:56:01 AM by Steve Oldridge »

Jay Barracato

• Solomons, MD
« Reply #25 on: October 29, 2018, 03:06:15 PM »

Laptop, desktop, whatever. Something hardwired preferred.

We're away from your initial desire because you can't even connect to the x32. I am trying to determine if the x32, tablet, router, NIC, etc is broken/misconfigured. Starting with the end in mind is a good idea, starting AT the end (skipping steps) is a bad idea.

You have an android. Download "Network Utilities" and use it to IP Discover (ARP scan) the network; also ping the x32 & gateway.
At this point I have had 3 tablet devices and my desktop computer hooked up to one AP and three different routers in any combination of wireless and wired configurations. After about 12 hours of troubleshooting, all I am confident of is it doesn't work.

Since my goal is to have this be portable without connection to the internet, but every tweak to the wireless network requires connection to the internet, I have assembled and disassembled dozens of times.

I am bringing home a work computer that has Ethernet to try pinging the mixer addresses but I am pretty sure the tech I was on support chat with had never do this a number of times all unsuccessfully while the AP was hooked up.

I will not be able to try anything until either late tonight or tomorrow.

Jay Barracato

Jay Barracato

• Solomons, MD
« Reply #26 on: October 29, 2018, 03:11:23 PM »

Jay,
Are you trying to connect to the X32 via the Linksys router you referenced or the Ubiquiti AP?  If the latter, why do you need the router?

Remember this.. an Andy tablet will automagically try to connect to the nearest last used network connection. It could be trying to access a network that is not in range.. before it tries the one you want. I have to manually select the network in settings when I'm at home.. to switch to the routers network to which the X32R is connected.

Given that you can't "connect".. are you saying you can't connect to the network, or that your X32 app can't connect to the X32 from your tablet?
I [literally] configured this last week for my bands NEW X32R (which I own), so I'm pretty familiar with the process - on both iPad apps and Mixing Station Pro (on Android).

It's NOT a complex process.. I'm happy to help, but it's not clear from your posts where the problem is ...
Steve,

Original plan was just the access point using static IP's as a number of people on here stated that is all you need.

After 5-6 hours of being unsuccessful at connecting with the online tech working with me ( even to the point of remoting my desktop), I turn off the AP and tried a Linksys router to no luck, then I tried my cable modem/household network that had been working fine prior to lunch ( it is now 7+ hours later), then I tried an old airport express.

On all I am at the point where my tablets connect to the wireless network, but mixing station will not connect to the mixer...

Jay Barracato

Scott Holtzman

• Ghost AV - Avon Lake, OH
    • Ghost Audio Visual Systems, LLC
« Reply #27 on: October 29, 2018, 03:11:40 PM »

At this point I have had 3 tablet devices and my desktop computer hooked up to one AP and three different routers in any combination of wireless and wired configurations. After about 12 hours of troubleshooting, all I am confident of is it doesn't work.

Since my goal is to have this be portable without connection to the internet, but every tweak to the wireless network requires connection to the internet, I have assembled and disassembled dozens of times.

I am bringing home a work computer that has Ethernet to try pinging the mixer addresses but I am pretty sure the tech I was on support chat with had never do this a number of times all unsuccessfully while the AP was hooked up.

I will not be able to try anything until either late tonight or tomorrow.

I have read this thread over and over and I can't seem to get the following into.

Using the wired network:

1 - What is IP of console?
2- What is IP of computer?
3 - If you open a command window on the computer can you ping the console?
Scott AKA "Skyking" Holtzman

Ghost Audio Visual Solutions, LLC
Cleveland OH
www.ghostav.rocks

Jay Barracato

• Solomons, MD
« Reply #28 on: October 29, 2018, 03:14:25 PM »

Jay,

I have also done this multiple times, until I purchased one myself.

I agree the method is simple, except it is not working with no indication why.

Jay Barracato

Jay Barracato

• Solomons, MD
« Reply #29 on: October 29, 2018, 03:19:48 PM »

Jay,

And it is a complex process when you take a brand new device (the AP) out of the box and their software starts failing on the very first step.

Jay Barracato

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #29 on: October 29, 2018, 03:19:48 PM »

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.049 seconds with 25 queries.