ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9   Go Down

Author Topic: Help with configuring unifi access point with x32 rack  (Read 9442 times)

Dan Mortensen

Re: Help with configuring unifi access point with x32 rack
« Reply #70 on: November 01, 2018, 08:33:00 am »

I don't currently have access to another mixer.

This is another reason I have consistently argued that these digital mixers are cheap enough that it makes sense to have a spare. They are so complex that you wind up chasing your tail, as you are doing, when there is any kind of problem. Since a multimeter can't tell positively if almost any part of it is working, we're stuck with changing components. Since there's only one component to a mixer, for all intents and purposes, if you can't change it out you don't know what's really going on.

Back in my day, if you wanted all the features that one of these little digital mixers have, you'd spend five times as much or more on all the gear that we get in these little guys for essentially free.

Buy all your digital crap in pairs! Then you not only have a spare when (not if) that fundamental and critical part of your system goes bad, but you can also do some diagnostics.

>:(

(Not really mad at you but geez! This thread has gone around in circles for seven --edit: eight!--pages with people trying to help and you explaining the many permutations of attempts to solve the problem and you can't even confirm that your mixer is fully functional.)

Jay Barracato

• Solomons, MD
« Reply #71 on: November 01, 2018, 12:09:53 pm »

Or the cable is plugged into another RJ45 socket on the mixer, like the ultranet, or AES ports.
None of those ports have lights.

Jay, are you in the ethernet port?
Heres a photo of mine.
We have been through this... Yes I have been in the correct port. I have plugged and unplugged from the correct port 600 times during this troubleshooting. There is even a photo earlier on the thread showing that.

This is probably the 24-25 system I have set up. Not a single problem until I broke a 20+ year moratorium on buying behringer products.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Jay Barracato

Jay Barracato

• Solomons, MD
« Reply #72 on: November 01, 2018, 12:15:39 pm »

Dan, unfortunately that is the current plan, especially if this brand new right out of the box device needs to go back for warranty service.

I think it is now pretty clear that the port was intermittent to start and dying as I was troubleshooting.

Jay Barracato

Steve Oldridge

« Reply #73 on: November 01, 2018, 12:17:59 pm »

We have been through this... Yes I have been in the correct port. I have plugged and unplugged from the correct port 600 times during this troubleshooting. There is even a photo earlier on the thread showing that.

This is probably the 24-25 system I have set up. Not a single problem until I broke a 20+ year moratorium on buying behringer products.

It ain't necessarily Behringer...  Their X32 series have been pretty stable, and I've used the full-size, Producer, Rack and the XR18 without issue.
You may simply be one of those unlucky folks that got a bad part.  It happens with EVERY vendor.
Again, I just bought an X32R 10 days ago.. already used it on 2 gigs without issue, and set mine up per the instructions I listed in a prior post.

As was suggested earlier, reach out to their Customer Care Dept as it appears that you have a bad network interface.

Jay Barracato

• Solomons, MD
« Reply #74 on: November 01, 2018, 01:59:08 pm »

It ain't necessarily Behringer...  Their X32 series have been pretty stable, and I've used the full-size, Producer, Rack and the XR18 without issue.
You may simply be one of those unlucky folks that got a bad part.  It happens with EVERY vendor.
Again, I just bought an X32R 10 days ago.. already used it on 2 gigs without issue, and set mine up per the instructions I listed in a prior post.

As was suggested earlier, reach out to their Customer Care Dept as it appears that you have a bad network interface.
Yeah, and any electronic device that survives the first month will probably live a long and useful life.

Unfortunately, when I put my own money on the table, I seem to have a poor track record of pulling a working device out of the box. ( About 6 years ago, I tanked 3 new out of the box presonus boards trying to do a firmware update, right after  apple had done some OS changes that presonus hadn't kept up with.)

Before I talk to warranty, I will be talking to my vendor, hoping for a flip so I can use one for this weekend's shows it was purchased for. In my mind, having to ship something back after zero uses is not appropriate (even though many manufacturers insist on it).

Jay Barracato

Steve Oldridge

« Reply #75 on: November 01, 2018, 02:22:46 pm »

Yeah, and any electronic device that survives the first month will probably live a long and useful life.

Unfortunately, when I put my own money on the table, I seem to have a poor track record of pulling a working device out of the box. ( About 6 years ago, I tanked 3 new out of the box presonus boards trying to do a firmware update, right after  apple had done some OS changes that presonus hadn't kept up with.)

Before I talk to warranty, I will be talking to my vendor, hoping for a flip so I can use one for this weekend's shows it was purchased for. In my mind, having to ship something back after zero uses is not appropriate (even though many manufacturers insist on it).

I hear you.. I still have my Presonus  16 (original not AI model) that works fine..
Best of luck on talking with the vendor..
sorry you have to go thru this..

Dan Mortensen

« Reply #76 on: November 01, 2018, 06:16:13 pm »

Unfortunately, when I put my own money on the table, I seem to have a poor track record of pulling a working device out of the box.

We still don't know that your device is malfunctioning, which is kind of my point. If/when you send it back and get a report you might know for sure if they then find a problem. I had one Producer be bad out of the box, actually it waited a while and went bad after working fine for a while in the shop, thus being bad when warmed up and on for a while. The Airport Express with switch would NOT talk to it, but would talk to other units (see what I did there?) even after they were on for days.

Behringer Care plugged it in, it worked, and they sent it back. I tried it again after leaving it on for a day or so and it didn't work again. Sent it back, they sat on it for a while, told me it worked when I called, I told them the full story and that I have many other units and this one was different, they left it on over the weekend and it didn't work on Monday. They sent a new one which has been fine along with all the others.

Having others that provably work when this one doesn't will save a LOT of time and aggravation. Chances are small that you get two that don't work, and if they don't work in the chain of devices that you have connected to that port you can bet it's not the mixers, it's something else.

You don't have to duplicate this mixer, get an X32 Rack since that part of it functions the same as yours. Or should. Don't get the Air series as they are not interchangeable.

Since every digital mixer is going to be the same way, I wouldn't advocate getting another brand and figuring that you are then immune to problems.

Sincere good luck to you.

Pete Bansen

« Reply #77 on: November 07, 2018, 07:23:48 pm »

Jay -

A real quick thought.  On the router connected to your X32 Rack, is the Cat5 cable from the Rack plugged into the WAN port or one of the LAN ports?  I don't know if they'd be labeled exactly that way - that's how Netgear lables theirs, Apple has some indecipherable icon - the point is that you want to be connected to one of the 'client' ports, not the WAN port.

Good luck - hope you can get this sorted out.  Setting up the router and all that IP stuff was the most daunting aspect of using the X32 Rack for me, but otherwise it is terrific.

Pete Bansen
Reno, Nevada

Kevin Maxwell

« Reply #78 on: November 12, 2018, 01:27:46 pm »

Did you get it working or did you give up?

Jay Barracato

• Solomons, MD
« Reply #79 on: November 12, 2018, 06:55:27 pm »

Did you get it working or did you give up?
It's been returned, waiting for the replacement to come in.

Funny in the last week, I have walked 2 different people through the same setup.

Jay Barracato

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #79 on: November 12, 2018, 06:55:27 pm »

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9   Go Up

Page created in 0.053 seconds with 23 queries.