ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9   Go Down

Author Topic: Help with configuring unifi access point with x32 rack  (Read 9441 times)

Jay Barracato

• Solomons, MD
Re: Help with configuring unifi access point with x32 rack
« Reply #60 on: October 30, 2018, 08:58:26 pm »

The odd address you see is one the operating system defaults to when it expects a DHCP address and doesn’t get one. The address varies depending on which OS the device uses.

Check your cables? Most cheap Ethernet cables are pretty fragile at the connectors.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
Rob, all my cables work going from computer to cable modem. Is it possible the jack on the mixer is bad? How could that be tested?

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Jay Barracato

Jay Barracato

• Solomons, MD
« Reply #61 on: October 30, 2018, 09:09:19 pm »

Where exactly is the x32 plugged into?  If it show 169 anything it doesn't see the DHCP server. 

With a 255.255.255.0 netmask the first three numbers have to match on the network.  You need to simplify this.

1 - Plug the console into the LAN port of the router/AP you want to check (forgeth the Ubiquity it doesn't have a DHCP server, you must use static IP's.  We will get to that once we get things put together again)
2 - Disconnect the Internet and everything else from the router/AP
3 - connect the tablet to the wireless network.
4 - Bring up the Behringer app, it will say "this devices IP"
5  - Take the first three numbers from step four and put them in the corresponding IP slots on the console.  IE: if 10.0.0.5 put in 10.0.0 if 192.168.0.5 then put in 192.168.0 for the last digit of the IP on console set to 222.  IE : 10.0.0.222
6 - Set console subnet mask for 255.255.255.0
7 - Set gateway on console to 0.0.0.0
8 - Set console IP on tablet (in Behringer app) to the IP on the mixer
9 - Leave setup page on mixer and go back to it to make sure IP's are saved

You should be in business
Scott, result is searching devices, and not finding.

Jay Barracato

Jay Barracato

• Solomons, MD
« Reply #62 on: October 30, 2018, 09:23:50 pm »

Transmit fail, same result with two different cables, both cables work connecting to my cable modem

Directly connecting a working cable between the laptop and the mixer and running the windows diagnostic tells me bad cable.

I have tried setting the IP manually in the TCP/iPv4 properties to the 169.254.. but that is not what shows in x32 edit. It shows 127.0.0.1 which is new to me.

Looking into the jack with a flashlight it doesn't look like any of the contact wires are damaged.

« Last Edit: October 30, 2018, 09:26:52 pm by Jay Barracato »
Jay Barracato

Dan Mortensen

« Reply #63 on: October 30, 2018, 09:32:35 pm »

Directly connecting a working cable between the laptop and the mixer and running the windows diagnostic tells me bad cable.

I have tried setting the IP manually in the TCP/iPv4 properties to the 169.254.. but that is not what shows in x32 edit. It shows 127.0.0.1 which is new to me.

Looking into the jack with a flashlight it doesn't look like any of the contact wires are damaged.

I've had problems getting Apple Airport Expresses to talk to the mixer, but putting a switch in between makes them work instantly every time. Try that? (I do only Static IP so there is that.)

It's distressing to read of the trouble you've had trying to get this to work, it must be excruciating to be going through it.

Regarding your thoughts about the console not working: have you tried another X32 family member to confirm that it behaves the same way as your console? I didn't notice that in this long thread.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2018, 09:34:48 pm by Dan Mortensen »

Jay Barracato

• Solomons, MD
« Reply #64 on: October 30, 2018, 09:48:24 pm »

I've had problems getting Apple Airport Expresses to talk to the mixer, but putting a switch in between makes them work instantly every time. Try that? (I do only Static IP so there is that.)

It's distressing to read of the trouble you've had trying to get this to work, it must be excruciating to be going through it.

Regarding your thoughts about the console not working: have you tried another X32 family member to confirm that it behaves the same way as your console? I didn't notice that in this long thread.
I don't currently have access to another mixer.

The frustrating thing is it worked fine when I initially hooked it up to my household router/ network. I copied a couple of shows files  I had on a flash drive, reconfigured the outputs etc. It wasn't until I went to setup the access point that things went South. Now I can't even get it to work hooking it back to my home router/network where it previously worked.

« Last Edit: October 30, 2018, 09:54:11 pm by Jay Barracato »
Jay Barracato

Scott Holtzman

• Ghost AV - Avon Lake, OH
    • Ghost Audio Visual Systems, LLC
« Reply #65 on: October 30, 2018, 10:32:58 pm »

Tom
I don't know what NIC is or how to set the computer to DHCP if that is different from the Ethernet setting where the computer asks for the IP from the network.

I tried ipconfig/release from the command line planning to do ipconfig/renew and I got an error saying the media is disconnected.

The Ethernet cable is going directly from laptop to mixer which is set to DHCP.

First off the NIC is the Network Adapter (Ethernet).

If you have them hooked up back to back you can't use DHCP.  DHCP looks to a DHCP server running on the router to hand out IP's.  You must use static back to back.

More important.  When you connect the mixer to laptop or to the router does the light on that port come on?  If not the Ethernet on the mixer may be hosed.

Scott AKA "Skyking" Holtzman

Ghost Audio Visual Solutions, LLC
Cleveland OH
www.ghostav.rocks

Jay Barracato

• Solomons, MD
« Reply #66 on: October 31, 2018, 08:38:58 am »

First off the NIC is the Network Adapter (Ethernet).

If you have them hooked up back to back you can't use DHCP.  DHCP looks to a DHCP server running on the router to hand out IP's.  You must use static back to back.

More important.  When you connect the mixer to laptop or to the router does the light on that port come on?  If not the Ethernet on the mixer may be hosed.
The only way I know of setting a static IP for the computer is in the internet protocol version 4 properties window. Doing this with the one different address strategy gives me a cable unplugged error on the computer.

With the laptop connected to my Qualcomm router (a known working device) I have connectivity through any of the 4 cables I have in use from the laptop to the router, and the internet. Adding the mixer with DHCP on defaults to the bad address. Adding the mixer with static IP set to the same first three values and a high last value does not connect.

With the laptop connected to the Linksys, I can connect to the router and run the router  control software. The software shows the laptop as a connected device and I can connect the tablet. Matching the same network setting on the mixer, the mixer never shows as an attached device in the software.

At first, I consistently initially saw Amber on the mixer, with occasion green flashes. Last night it was solid Amber. This morning, not sure what settings I left, there was no Amber on the mixer when I turned it on, with a cable plugged in.

Jay Barracato

Steve Oldridge

« Reply #67 on: October 31, 2018, 09:11:25 am »

The only way I know of setting a static IP for the computer is in the internet protocol version 4 properties window. Doing this with the one different address strategy gives me a cable unplugged error on the computer.

With the laptop connected to my Qualcomm router (a known working device) I have connectivity through any of the 4 cables I have in use from the laptop to the router, and the internet. Adding the mixer with DHCP on defaults to the bad address. Adding the mixer with static IP set to the same first three values and a high last value does not connect.

With the laptop connected to the Linksys, I can connect to the router and run the router  control software. The software shows the laptop as a connected device and I can connect the tablet. Matching the same network setting on the mixer, the mixer never shows as an attached device in the software.

At first, I consistently initially saw Amber on the mixer, with occasion green flashes. Last night it was solid Amber. This morning, not sure what settings I left, there was no Amber on the mixer when I turned it on, with a cable plugged in.

Jay,
Based on all your posts in the thread and what you've done, I hate to say this, but it sounds like the X32R's REMOTE port is hosed, given that there's no green light on the port when connected to a router.
Hopefully, it's still under warranty..   

I followed this thread closely because I [literally] bought an X32R 10 days ago.
The steps I suggested you follow earlier were exactly what I did to setup mine which worked flawlessly. It's not the first time I've done remote access setup for mixers BTW (done w/ other X32R's, full X32, X32 Producer, M32, M18, XR18, QU24, TM30, and others).

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #68 on: October 31, 2018, 09:25:46 am »

No green light on the mixer port means it's not "seeing" a connection and as your cables work with other devices, I'd say you need to call the Music Group CARE shop in Las Vegas.
"Practicing an art, no matter how well or badly, is a way to make your soul grow, for heaven's sake. Sing in the shower. Dance to the radio. Tell stories. Write a poem to a friend, even a lousy poem. Do it as well as you possible can. You will get an enormous reward. You will have created something."  - Kurt Vonnegut

Callan Browne

• Melbourne, Australia
    • Rubix
« Reply #69 on: November 01, 2018, 06:43:43 am »

No green light on the mixer port means it's not "seeing" a connection and as your cables work with other devices, I'd say you need to call the Music Group CARE shop in Las Vegas.
Or the cable is plugged into another RJ45 socket on the mixer, like the ultranet, or AES ports.
None of those ports have lights.

Jay, are you in the ethernet port?
Heres a photo of mine.
Melbourne Cover band: Rubix!

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #69 on: November 01, 2018, 06:43:43 am »

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9   Go Up

Page created in 0.061 seconds with 23 queries.