ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9   Go Down

Author Topic: Help with configuring unifi access point with x32 rack  (Read 22812 times)

Kevin Maxwell

• USA SW CT 46miles from MidTown Manhattan ATCF
Re: Help with configuring unifi access point with x32 rack
« Reply #30 on: October 29, 2018, 03:33:02 PM »

I bought an Amazon Fire HD 8 tablet with 32g, it is the one without the ads. And I have a 64g microSD card in it also. I have been using (very rarely) Mixing Station Pro for a few years. So I am not a novice but not an expert on it. I have it on my current phone Samsung G8. It is a little small to mix on so since the Fire was on sale I decided to pick one up for the occasional time it would work for my style of mixing.

The first time I tried to use it I couldn’t get past Mixing Station Pro’s (MSP) connecting screen. It seems like the Fire tablet was trying to see the internet on the WAP. And since there wasn’t an internet connection it kept failing. And then MSP wouldn’t connect. Then the next week I tried it again and before the Fire Tablet could reject the network connection since it wouldn’t find the internet I tried to connect MSP to the mixer and it worked. You may have to turn off the WiFi and then restart it but before it rejects the connection start MSP and click on connect quickly.

Also make sure that the IP address in MSP is the same as the X32Rack. I don’t know if it makes any difference but I set the mixer to a Static IP address and the Gateway to 0.0.0.0 and that has worked for me in all the ways that I connect to the mixer. I happen to be using the M32.

BTW I tried to find a way to tell the Tablet to ignore the internet and I had no luck at all. I even called Amazon fire support and they were no help.

Jay Barracato

• Solomons, MD
« Reply #31 on: October 29, 2018, 03:54:31 PM »

Jay,
having read the entire thread, I'm confused.
Are you trying to connect to the X32 via the Linksys router you referenced or the Ubiquiti AP?  If the latter, why do you need the router?

Which "network" are you trying to connect to?
Remember this.. an Andy tablet will automagically try to connect to the nearest last used network connection. It could be trying to access a network that is not in range.. before it tries the one you want. I have to manually select the network in settings when I'm at home.. to switch to the routers network to which the X32R is connected.

Given that you can't "connect".. are you saying you can't connect to the network, or that your X32 app can't connect to the X32 from your tablet?
I [literally] configured this last week for my bands NEW X32R (which I own), so I'm pretty familiar with the process - on both iPad apps and Mixing Station Pro (on Android).

It's NOT a complex process.. I'm happy to help, but it's not clear from your posts where the problem is ...
I brought in my school laptop, hard wired it to my home router ( not the one to be used for shows but Rock solid with internet). It immediately hooked up with IP 10.0.0.42.

I hooked up the mixer hardwired. I could see the connection led flashing on both the router and the mixer.

I engaged the DHCP and restarted the mixer. It accepted an address of 167.254.127.36 from the router ( it's gotten the same new IP twice now)

Scanning that mixer address for n x32 edit doesn't find anything. Pinging that address doesn't find anything ( timed out).

Changing the mixer IP to static and setting it to 10.0.0.36 gives me destination host unreachable when pinging.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Jay Barracato

Steve Ferreira

« Reply #32 on: October 29, 2018, 04:02:34 PM »

Can you connect to the routers config page via an ip address? I'm not familiar with the x32 or apps but can a port need to be open to allow them to see each other?

Dlink address is 192.168.0.1 by default
Lynksis address is 192.168.1.1 by default

Jay Barracato

• Solomons, MD
« Reply #33 on: October 29, 2018, 04:02:34 PM »

I have read this thread over and over and I can't seem to get the following into.

Using the wired network:

1 - What is IP of console?
2- What is IP of computer?
3 - If you open a command window on the computer can you ping the console?
Scott, I have been through so many variations of addresses, I don't know.

What should I set them to for a conclusive test?

My home router seems to default to 10.0.0.

The Linksys to 192.168.1

We tried a bunch around 10.0.0 with the access point.

Setting the DHCP on the mixer on assigns addresses that don't make any sense to me.

Jay Barracato

Jay Barracato

• Solomons, MD
« Reply #34 on: October 29, 2018, 04:05:32 PM »

I bought an Amazon Fire HD 8 tablet with 32g, it is the one without the ads. And I have a 64g microSD card in it also. I have been using (very rarely) Mixing Station Pro for a few years. So I am not a novice but not an expert on it. I have it on my current phone Samsung G8. It is a little small to mix on so since the Fire was on sale I decided to pick one up for the occasional time it would work for my style of mixing.

The first time I tried to use it I couldn’t get past Mixing Station Pro’s (MSP) connecting screen. It seems like the Fire tablet was trying to see the internet on the WAP. And since there wasn’t an internet connection it kept failing. And then MSP wouldn’t connect. Then the next week I tried it again and before the Fire Tablet could reject the network connection since it wouldn’t find the internet I tried to connect MSP to the mixer and it worked. You may have to turn off the WiFi and then restart it but before it rejects the connection start MSP and click on connect quickly.

Also make sure that the IP address in MSP is the same as the X32Rack. I don’t know if it makes any difference but I set the mixer to a Static IP address and the Gateway to 0.0.0.0 and that has worked for me in all the ways that I connect to the mixer. I happen to be using the M32.

BTW I tried to find a way to tell the Tablet to ignore the internet and I had no luck at all. I even called Amazon fire support and they were no help.
Kevin, I had been erroring around the no internet on the fire on the m32 at the club with no problem.  Yesterday I wasn't able to get it to connect even with the internet available on my home network.

Jay Barracato

Jay Barracato

• Solomons, MD
« Reply #35 on: October 29, 2018, 04:17:06 PM »

Kevin, I had been erroring around the no internet on the fire on the m32 at the club with no problem.  Yesterday I wasn't able to get it to connect even with the internet available on my home network.

I just did another factory reset. The IP's completely zeroed out. On engaging the DHCP, it immediately went to the same 169.254.117.36 which does not respond to a ping or connect to x32 edit or mixing station.

Jay Barracato

Jay Barracato

• Solomons, MD
« Reply #36 on: October 29, 2018, 04:23:12 PM »

Changing from my home router to the Linksys, starting with IP 0.0.0.0 after factory reset assigns my computer 192.168.1.107 and the mixer pulls the same 167.254.117.36 which doesn't seem to be accessible.

Jay Barracato

Steve Ferreira

« Reply #37 on: October 29, 2018, 04:36:55 PM »

Changing from my home router to the Linksys, starting with IP 0.0.0.0 after factory reset assigns my computer 192.168.1.107 and the mixer pulls the same 167.254.117.36 which doesn't seem to be accessible.

Didn't you mention that the mixer was set to static ip?

Jay Barracato

• Solomons, MD
« Reply #38 on: October 29, 2018, 05:04:18 PM »

Didn't you mention that the mixer was set to static ip?
No my goal is to end up static, right now I am just trying to get anything to work.

Jay Barracato

John L Nobile

« Reply #39 on: October 29, 2018, 05:16:48 PM »

With that number, it looks like the mixer is not getting an address. Did you try manually setting your mixer to 192.168.1.108 with mask at 255.255.255.0
The router's gateway is probably 192.168.1.1

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #39 on: October 29, 2018, 05:16:48 PM »

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 24 queries.