ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MAir or XAir for Midas MR12  (Read 3533 times)

Joakim Odlander

MAir or XAir for Midas MR12
« on: December 16, 2018, 02:46:57 AM »

I have a newly opened Midas MR12 I've decided to use for a small Christmas charity event.
Ipad and dual channel router via ethernet is the setup. Been spending hours on youtube to get up to speed first time not using a real desk with a multicore....and find most videos show the xair and doesn’t quite equate to my MAir layout, ie i cant move channels etc so before I spend more time on this should I be running the Xair instead on the ipad and will that work fine and is it preferable?

Also where do I check for firmware options, is that via the ipad and if required is there a simple procedure for upgrading to the latest version?

Thanks for any assistance, 

Robert Lofgren

Re: MAir or XAir for Midas MR12
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2018, 04:48:46 AM »

Are you using the pc/mac version at all?

You need the pc/mac version to install a new firmware. This app will also show you the currently installed version.

It sounds like you have no connection between your ipad and mr12?

Joakim Odlander

« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2018, 05:15:03 PM »

Thanks for your reply Robert.
I must have been a bit unclear in my post so my main question is as follows.
1. Running an Apple iPad to access a Midas MR12 is it preferable to run the Midas MAir software or the Behringer XAir?

Both are downloaded and operational on the ipad. I do not have a Mac nor any other laptop so iPad is the access mode. I was not aware that there was a possibility i could be running a PC version on this iPad? I didnt think that was possible?

2. Ok really part of above but most tutorials I find use the Behringer interface and thus does not exactly follow the procedures required in the midas version so it made me wonder if that version is the preferred interface.

Brian Jojade

• HappyMac Digital Electronics
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2018, 06:45:34 PM »

If they both can control the mixer, use the one that you like the best.

Having the latest firmware is generally a good idea, but if it works, don't change it right before show time, as you never know what might happen.  The music group has done a pretty fine job though on their firmware. I've yet to be burned by doing an update.  I can't say that with other devices that I've got. :/

Brian Jojade

Robert Lofgren

« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2018, 08:48:19 PM »

Thanks for your reply Robert.
I must have been a bit unclear in my post so my main question is as follows.
1. Running an Apple iPad to access a Midas MR12 is it preferable to run the Midas MAir software or the Behringer XAir?
There is no difference in functionality. It is just different skins. I prefer the midas look as it is more pleasing to my eyes.

Both are downloaded and operational on the ipad. I do not have a Mac nor any other laptop so iPad is the access mode. I was not aware that there was a possibility i could be running a PC version on this iPad? I didnt think that was possible?
No, there is no pc version for the ipad.

The ipad app is more for live combat while the pc/mac version have more features like firmware update, offline editing, etc...

2. Ok really part of above but most tutorials I find use the Behringer interface and thus does not exactly follow the procedures required in the midas version so it made me wonder if that version is the preferred interface.
Any differences you may find in the videos are probably due to an older app using a slightly different gui that the more recent ones.

Joakim Odlander

« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2018, 09:33:12 PM »

Thats awesome, what a cool unit, anyone want an old multicore haha. I’m switching seamlessly between skins and am getting the hang of this. The ipad doesn’t do the drag and drop of editing channel layout like the videos show and doesn't have that channel edit button but I’m working my way around it. Having a ball, thanks guys!

Luke Geis

• Owner of Endever Music Production's
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2018, 12:05:03 AM »

The X or M app will both do the exact same thing. They just have different looks to them. So if you can get one running the other should as well. Functionally the X and M are the same and both work with each others control software. The M is a superior product, but that is beside the point.
I don't understand how you can't hear yourself

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2018, 12:05:03 AM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 25 queries.