ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Inclinometer Options  (Read 916 times)

ToddBuckner

• Absolute Audio Systems LLC
Inclinometer Options
« on: February 23, 2024, 03:14:59 PM »

Anbody know any good inclinometer systems that are available and made in USA .... I currently have Prosight system and  looking at Prosight and KSG for additional systems but hard to communicate with those guys lately... curious what other options are out there??
Todd Buckner
Absolute Audio Systems LLC

Riley Casey

• Wash DC
Re: Inclinometer Options
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2024, 03:31:59 PM »

Lots of phone apps at least for Apple phones. I've never used a dedicated inclinometer so no idea how useful phone apps would be for your application. They always told me everything I needed to enter into the JBL aiming app.

John Schalk

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2024, 09:19:08 AM »

The Leica DISTO D3a has what they call a "tilt sensor".  More details in the FAQ here:

https://shop.leica-geosystems.com/measurement-tools/disto/blog/owners-faq-disto-d3a

Brian Bolly

• DC/Baltimore and other Major Airports
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2024, 09:28:02 AM »

Anbody know any good inclinometer systems that are available and made in USA .... I currently have Prosight system and  looking at Prosight and KSG for additional systems but hard to communicate with those guys lately... curious what other options are out there??

I presume you are talking about array inclinometers as opposed to handheld Disto/Rangefinders.  I’ve owned and/or used just about all of them including Prosight (both generations), KSG, Alignarray, etc.  My current favorite is the Teqsas LAP-TEQ system, which I believe is distributed by the US Isemcon distributor.

Product site: https://teqsas.de/en/

Isemcon US: https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100066802832763 (the US website Isemcon.com seems to redirect back to the global Isemcon.net site).

The additional Elevation sensor is a really nice feature to have that clips on to the same bracket as the laser, and means no more tape measures or crawling under the array with a disto to find the trim height.

I tried in vain to get a solid contact with SSE for my Prosight and finally gave up.  I have a quote in my inbox for the KSG and never pulled the trigger because I had an opportunity to use someone else’s LAP-TEQ rig and really liked it. 
« Last Edit: February 24, 2024, 09:30:26 AM by Brian Bolly »

Matthew Knischewsky

• Kitchener Ontario Canada
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2024, 12:55:58 PM »

I have one of these with two sensors. It works like it is supposed to.

https://www.riekerinc.com/shop/electronic-sensors/rad-av-remote-angle-display/

Dave Knepper

• soundtools.com
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2024, 07:57:28 PM »

Full discloser, I work for Align Array (now under the SoundTools brand).

The Align Array 3 laser module is made in the USA and so you get US based support along with it.

The Align Array 3 is unique in that it offers a built in webpage to remotely view the angles (on a closed local network). You can find out more at alignarray.com or check out the Rat Sound sales website. Or ask me. :)
Dave "DK" Knepper
Sound Tools - Rat Sound Systems - Align Array
soundtools.com

jason misterka

« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2024, 10:54:16 PM »

I have one of these with two sensors. It works like it is supposed to.

https://www.riekerinc.com/shop/electronic-sensors/rad-av-remote-angle-display/

I'm not a fan.  I own six sets IIRC.

Two 9 volt batteries. Always dead unless you tape the switch in the off position. Even if you case em in foam surround with a little slot for the switch, you got me how... somehow :)

One of the two batteries is not in a proper holder inside, just wedged between the side and a circuit board. A battery often bumps itself loose, mashing things around inside.

The screens are only glued on, not other fastener.  If left in sunlight (on top of an amp rack outside) or near heat (in an amp rack drawer sitting on top of an amp chassis, lets say) the screen glue looses and drops the screen inside.

I also don't want to bad mouth them over something I can't remember exactly (its been four or five years) but I guess I will get it all out.  Once when I called the service number about some other issue, I learned that the accuracy was not as close as I had assumed. Especially when you go through the effort to make a prediction shooting 300' with a Martin rig.  I wish I could remember the tolerance but I was not impressed. Maybe someone here knows exactly.

Sorry for all the slander. I would be happy for you to have had a great experience with them and prove me wrong about all of it.  I would give ours another chance.

Jason

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2024, 10:54:16 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 24 queries.