ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Enabling PoE on a Cisco SG300/10 for a Dante AVIO unit?  (Read 9352 times)

Kirby Yarbrough

• SR Forums
  • Reston, Virginia
Re: Enabling PoE on a Cisco SG300/10 for a Dante AVIO unit?
« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2018, 02:58:12 PM »

Make sure that your PoE injector is Class 1 802.3af PoE per the manufacturers specification.

Done, and thanks.

Thomas Dameron

• SR Forums
« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2018, 11:28:01 AM »

I've found all of the same problems in compatibility with the Ubiquity stuff.  It's kind of like Black Magic video do-dads: they work great as long as they're only talking to other BMD stuff.

Instead of injectors, for not much more money I've just been buying Netgear GS110TP switches.  They ship configured with everything Dante compatible for Dante only networks.  I would want something a little more sophisticated if I was doing a bunch of multicast on a mixed network, but if it's just a Dante network powering Avio/Aphenol/Rapco devices, this thing works great.  As a bonus, it will also power their even small GS108T-V2.  If you power the 108 with a wall wart it gives you redundant power to the smaller switch, although the failover isn't graceful at all.  With the Netgear stuff, make sure you stick with the Managed Pro line, the Manged Plus line is no bueno for Dante.

Amazon link:
http://a.co/d/0iewKEQ

thomas d.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2018, 11:28:01 AM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.045 seconds with 23 queries.