ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Custom Adapter  (Read 3165 times)

Kristian Stevenson

• Lynchburg, VA
Custom Adapter
« on: October 22, 2018, 12:36:21 PM »

Hey all,
I am trying to come up with a back hand way to get L21-30 3Phase connection before we can have a new PD delivered. Our current PD's have plenty of L14-30 outputs. My thought was make a double L14-30P to L21-30R to get the 3 hot legs needed. They would be plugged into consecutive L14-30 outlets on the PD to keep the load balanced (XY,ZX). Thoughts?
Kristian Stevenson

TJ (Tom) Cornish

• St. Paul, MN
Re: Custom Adapter
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2018, 02:04:54 PM »

Hey all,
I am trying to come up with a back hand way to get L21-30 3Phase connection before we can have a new PD delivered. Our current PD's have plenty of L14-30 outputs. My thought was make a double L14-30P to L21-30R to get the 3 hot legs needed. They would be plugged into consecutive L14-30 outlets on the PD to keep the load balanced (XY,ZX). Thoughts?
Probably marginally acceptable in the shop; not OK for a gig.

Frank Koenig

• Palo Alto, CA USA
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2018, 03:53:12 PM »

Hey all,

The common-sense test that this fails is that if you unplug one of the L14-30s with a load connected to the L21-30 there will be a live male contact that could hurt somebody. Would I do this "in the lab" with just me around? Sure. But it's not safe around humans :) -F
"Nature abhors a vacuum tube." -- John Pierce, Bell Labs

Kristian Stevenson

• Lynchburg, VA
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2018, 06:00:50 PM »

The common-sense test that this fails is that if you unplug one of the L14-30s with a load connected to the L21-30 there will be a live male contact that could hurt somebody. Would I do this "in the lab" with just me around? Sure. But it's not safe around humans :) -F

Didn't think about that under load scenario - makes sense.
Kristian Stevenson

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2018, 06:00:50 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.028 seconds with 24 queries.