ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Getting audio wirelessly. 500ft.  (Read 14603 times)

Tim Hite

• Bad Quail
Re: Getting audio wirelessly. 500ft.
« Reply #20 on: October 24, 2018, 04:09:38 PM »

Stray voltage in my brain. Fixed it.

Excuse me if I'm misunderstanding your meaning, but the analog stereo iem units I'm familiar with broadcast over one carrier. Stereo operation does not add another carrier frequency.
Bad Quail
Sound + Light + Image
Joshua Tree, California
Authorized Dealer for all this stuff

John Sulek

• Toronto Canada
« Reply #21 on: October 24, 2018, 04:12:59 PM »

Stray voltage in my brain. Fixed it.

No worries!
I only bring it up because I have had this argument at a few gigs with people who were convinced stereo iem meant two carrier freqs.

Jason Glass

• CleanWirelessAudio.com
« Reply #22 on: October 24, 2018, 04:16:53 PM »

Excuse me if I'm misunderstanding your meaning, but the analog stereo iem units I'm familiar with broadcast over one carrier. Stereo operation does not add another carrier frequency.

That is correct, and I also question this faulty explanation.

However, digital transmission systems generally produce intermodulation products of negligent power levels by virtue of the fact that their amplifier hardware must be far more linear than equivalent analog signal amplifiers to achieve similar results.  And their receivers are fairly good at ignoring low power analog IMD interference while reliably reconstructing faithful audio data.

I suppose in the final analysis we can all agree that modern systems using the latest technology are more robust than the previous and thus well worth their investment cost, especially when our clients expect perceived perfection.  Which they do.

Sent from my mobile phone using Tapatalk

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #23 on: October 24, 2018, 04:18:07 PM »

No worries!
I only bring it up because I have had this argument at a few gigs with people who were convinced stereo iem meant two carrier freqs.

Sing them the Old 19kHz Analogue Subcarrier Blues.
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

John Sulek

• Toronto Canada
« Reply #24 on: October 24, 2018, 04:22:17 PM »

Sing them the Old 19kHz Analogue Subcarrier Blues.

In one instance the person arguing was adamant that I put both of the freqs for their psm600 in the coordination "in case they wanted to go stereo". Ahhh..ok...but that's not how it works.
Sorry for the swerve.

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #25 on: October 24, 2018, 04:28:22 PM »

In one instance the person arguing was adamant that I put both of the freqs for their psm600 in the coordination "in case they wanted to go stereo". Ahhh..ok...but that's not how it works.
Sorry for the swerve.

Sometimes we just take the easy route, with a smile and a nod, and say "done."  Other times it's more fun to say "well, yeah, sortta not really like that at all, in fact, here's why....." and poke them with the Ye Olde Stick of Knowledge®.  Depends mostly if catering is up and ready for lunch... :D
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

James A. Griffin

« Reply #26 on: October 24, 2018, 05:58:25 PM »

Sometimes we just take the easy route, with a smile and a nod, and say "done."  Other times it's more fun to say "well, yeah, sortta not really like that at all, in fact, here's why....." and poke them with the Ye Olde Stick of Knowledge®.  Depends mostly if catering is up and ready for lunch... :D

Prov 26:4    Do not answer a fool according to his folly,  or you yourself will be just like him.

Prov 26:5    Answer a fool according to his folly, or he will be wise in his own eyes.

The wisdom of Solomon was knowing which to use when.

I need to determine where in this swamp of unbalanced formulas squatteth the Toad of Truth

Jack Arnott

« Reply #27 on: October 25, 2018, 03:11:32 PM »

These guys used to have what you are looking for:
http://comtek.com/tour-guide/

brian maddox

• HeyYahWon! ttsss! ttsss!
« Reply #28 on: October 25, 2018, 08:20:48 PM »

These guys used to have what you are looking for:
http://comtek.com/tour-guide/

I've used these products.  With the right adapters and very careful gain structuring you may be able to make this work.  But it won't be fun.  The I/O is funky [1/8" mono].  The receivers only work with 9volt batteries.  And They have Larger antennas but not directionals so you'll need to cobble together a solution from off the shelf VHF RF gear.  And the "better" transmitter uses a larger screw-on RF connector that again might be standard for TV antennas, but won't match anything else you already have.

I third [fourth?] the suggestion of using a Letro IFBT4 transmitter with a Helical.  That'll go a Very Long Ways, especially line of sight and do so reliably and sound great.  The Shure PSM900/1000 suggestion is also a good one, especially when used with a UHFR receiver and Helicals on both ends.  I've done both of these and they work very well.  When this is your ONLY link to your speakers, you really don't want to cut corners.
"It feels wrong to be in the audience.  And it's too peopley!" - Steve Smith

brian maddox
[email protected]
Savannah, GA

'...do not trifle with the affairs of dragons...

....for you are crunchy, and taste good with ketchup...'

Dave Guilford

« Reply #29 on: October 28, 2018, 02:02:41 PM »

Wow, thank you for the great suggestions and help everybody. Since I posted best, a shure SLx rig fell into my hands.  Well, part of one.  A bunch of then slx4 receivers. 

They are h5 range.   What would I need to make a transmitter side? None of the PSM 300 N. PSM 900 seem to be available in H5.

Any of you guys know shure systems this while?

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #29 on: October 28, 2018, 02:02:41 PM »

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.023 seconds with 21 queries.