ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Clearcom rcs-2000 software.  (Read 1786 times)

Tom Bourke

• http://www.cwalv.com
Clearcom rcs-2000 software.
« on: October 16, 2018, 06:05:34 PM »

We have an older install where the computer had died years ago. Install disks are long gone. Anyone know where I can get a copy? Nothing shows up on clearcom.com. Anything on Google looks sketchy.

Thanks.
I have a mild form of Dyslexia that affects my ability to spell.  I do use spell checking to help but it does not always work.  My form of Dyslexia does not affect my reading.  Dyslexics of the world untie! <a href="http://www.cwalv.com" target="_blank">http://www.cwalv.com</a>

Jean-Pierre Coetzee

• Classic LAB
  • Gauteng, South Africa
Re: Clearcom rcs-2000 software.
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2018, 07:58:46 AM »

We have an older install where the computer had died years ago. Install disks are long gone. Anyone know where I can get a copy? Nothing shows up on clearcom.com. Anything on Google looks sketchy.

Thanks.

I'm going to give the usual answer I know of around here, did you try to call clearcom support and ask them?

the RCS-2000 is programmable with a PC (Windows98/586 or better)

From a manual I found online. I would have very strong doubts that any optical media would have survived that long regardless so unless someone actually has a backed up copy not on optical media I would seriously consider look for other options. Also if it was designed to run on windows 98 I don't know if you are going to find something compatible with a modern operating system so you will likely need to find a windows 98 iso or install disk somewhere. Maybe windows XP can save the day but keep in mind that this is a very old piece of software.

Likewise unless you have a PC with a serial port you will need to look at getting a serial to usb converter and getting it to work since it does look like it is running RS-232...
Audio Technician
Word & Life Church

"If you want "loud", then run a piece of sheet metal through a table saw------

If you want "watts"-then plug in a toaster"
- Ivan Beaver

Pete Erskine

• Best Audio
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2018, 09:13:33 AM »

I'm going to give the usual answer I know of around here, did you try to call clearcom support and ask them?

I agree - call Clear-com customer support.

I believe Clear-Com has one of the best customer service departments ever.  I visited the factory and was amazed to see the wealth of Clear-com systems set up on carts so that the service rep could easily try to duplicate any problem that you might have.  Sometimes I have a problem which they can't fix and quickly transfer me to a person more familiar with the equipment.

The menu on their phone system is really way to complicated and repeats too much. during business hours M-F only.   
7:30am 5:00pm Pacific time (510) 337-6600   
Pete Erskine
917-750-1134
www.bestaudio.com
[email protected]

brian maddox

• HeyYahWon! ttsss! ttsss!
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2018, 11:36:56 AM »

I agree - call Clear-com customer support.

I believe Clear-Com has one of the best customer service departments ever.  I visited the factory and was amazed to see the wealth of Clear-com systems set up on carts so that the service rep could easily try to duplicate any problem that you might have.  Sometimes I have a problem which they can't fix and quickly transfer me to a person more familiar with the equipment.

The menu on their phone system is really way to complicated and repeats too much. during business hours M-F only.   
7:30am 5:00pm Pacific time (510) 337-6600   

I concur on the Customer Support.  It may take a person or two before you get to the real service techs, but they will get you them.  And they are excellent.

My goto guy is Carlos, but it would probably be improper for me to give you his cell number.  :)
"It feels wrong to be in the audience.  And it's too peopley!" - Steve Smith

brian maddox
[email protected]
Savannah, GA

'...do not trifle with the affairs of dragons...

....for you are crunchy, and taste good with ketchup...'

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2018, 11:36:56 AM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 25 queries.