ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Compact 15" Sub (RCF TTS-15A, 905AS, DB Tech SUB-15H, etc)  (Read 1602 times)

Justin Goodman

Compact 15" Sub (RCF TTS-15A, 905AS, DB Tech SUB-15H, etc)
« on: October 18, 2018, 07:52:21 pm »

In the market for a compact 15" sub with punch for small to medium venues and recorded music.  The 3 models in the subject line are models I've found on my own.  Ideal characteristics:
-Small form factor
-High output (relative to form factor)
-Powercon Connector
-Soft limit of 75lbs (single person hand carry-able)

Any other models I should be looking at? Has anyone heard multiple models above and able to offer a comparison? Unfortunately, the nearest dealers of this product that may have it on hand are >2.5 hours away from me. 

Steve Litscher

• 608 Sound and Light
Re: Compact 15" Sub (RCF TTS-15A, 905AS, DB Tech SUB-15H, etc)
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2018, 08:08:04 pm »

Is there a certain frequency range you’re looking to cover? I only ask because the JTR Captivator 212 Pro is an amazing sub, especially for its size. It does a “true” (3rd party verified) 39Hz, and would possibly work very well for you.

We have six of them and love them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Justin Goodman

« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2018, 10:31:45 pm »

Is there a certain frequency range you’re looking to cover? I only ask because the JTR Captivator 212 Pro is an amazing sub, especially for its size. It does a “true” (3rd party verified) 39Hz, and would possibly work very well for you.

We have six of them and love them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Down to about 40Hz competently (not necessarily -2/3db but say no more than -5/-6) would be sufficient.  Thanks for the recommendation! The box itself is a little larger than I had in mind in terms of form factor, but the weight is on target and about 30% more driver surface area than a single 15. How is SPL?

Tim Hite

• Bad Quail
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2018, 12:45:18 am »

Biggest difference between the RCF units you mentioned will be cabinet finish and RDNet. The TT speakers have a hard catalyzed coating, the normal RCF subs don't.

There's also the VUE hs-20 dual 10" sub. Seems to perform well and hit close to the size you want. Specs are remarkably similar to the RCF TTS 15. Everything I've heard from VUE has been stellar.

http://www.vueaudio.com/products/hs-20-dual-10-inch-acm-subwoofer/

In the market for a compact 15" sub with punch for small to medium venues and recorded music.  The 3 models in the subject line are models I've found on my own.  Ideal characteristics:
-Small form factor
-High output (relative to form factor)
-Powercon Connector
-Soft limit of 75lbs (single person hand carry-able)

Any other models I should be looking at? Has anyone heard multiple models above and able to offer a comparison? Unfortunately, the nearest dealers of this product that may have it on hand are >2.5 hours away from me.
Bad Quail
Sound + Light
Joshua Tree, California

Robert Lofgren

« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2018, 03:35:36 am »

The TurboSound iQ15b seems to fit your list as well. I’m very happy with its performance.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.08 seconds with 23 queries.