ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Lounge Level upgrade?  (Read 7722 times)

Geert Friedhof

Re: Lounge Level upgrade?
« Reply #20 on: November 15, 2018, 10:59:37 AM »

That chart is for one particular make and type. It's different for every other make and type. Just experiment. Maybe use your phone's camera to judge the white-balance. In your case white is made by all 4 colours. Look for a healthy skin colour. Make sure one or more colours are at max (255), and use the scene faders for intensity. When you find the right colour write it down.

Callan Browne

• Melbourne, Australia
    • Rubix
« Reply #21 on: November 16, 2018, 10:40:36 PM »

I made a timber prototype this morning to get both speakers on top of my foh.
I can rotate the whole piece if I have issues with shadows and getting the angles right - I'm not sure if this is needed yet, but we'll see.

I will experiment a bit with the height off the speaker before having them made of steel or aluminium.

I think I might also be able to transport them like this, which could be a big time saver.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Melbourne Cover band: Rubix!

Callan Browne

• Melbourne, Australia
    • Rubix
« Reply #22 on: November 16, 2018, 10:47:41 PM »

That chart is for one particular make and type. It's different for every other make and type. Just experiment. Maybe use your phone's camera to judge the white-balance. In your case white is made by all 4 colours. Look for a healthy skin colour. Make sure one or more colours are at max (255), and use the scene faders for intensity. When you find the right colour write it down.
Thanks Kevin for the chart and Geert for the timely reminder about different fixtures having different colours with the same RGBA values.
I'll try a few of these at home and see what works well for my fixtures.

Thanks!

Lyle Williams

« Reply #23 on: November 17, 2018, 02:23:50 PM »

Another way to dress up a room quickly is to use battery-powered pars to uplight the room.

Steve Garris

« Reply #24 on: November 17, 2018, 02:28:43 PM »

Thanks Kevin for the chart and Geert for the timely reminder about different fixtures having different colours with the same RGBA values.
I'll try a few of these at home and see what works well for my fixtures.

Thanks!

Just be advised that the chart is for RBG fixtures. Your lights have amber & white (I believe) so you would not be blending colors to get those yellow colors, and likely a mixture of white and other colors for your front wash.

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
« Reply #25 on: November 17, 2018, 06:02:24 PM »

I made a couple of bars to attach to my DSR fly points a while back and posted the info here. They work great.
 However, I also got myself a couple of these    lighting bracket   which are really nice too and it means I don't have to attach anything to the tops of the speakers ( and some speakers don't have fly points anyway).
As long as the fixtures are not too heavy, they work well too and offer more  positioning options.
A young child says to his mother, "Mom, when I grow up I'm going to be a musician." She replies, "Well honey, you know you can't do both."

Callan Browne

• Melbourne, Australia
    • Rubix
« Reply #26 on: May 02, 2019, 08:05:55 AM »

Thanks again to those that have input last year. The added 4 slimpar pro's have made a big difference, as did doubling the front hotbox's.

Last weekend I tried out using the old 4 bars on the foh extention poll. It added a little bit of flash, but they are just so far down on output compared with the others.

I think i'm pretty happy for now, see you in 2020 when I start looking for more... Again

Cheers,

Steve Garris

« Reply #27 on: May 02, 2019, 04:01:26 PM »

Thanks again to those that have input last year. The added 4 slimpar pro's have made a big difference, as did doubling the front hotbox's.

Last weekend I tried out using the old 4 bars on the foh extention poll. It added a little bit of flash, but they are just so far down on output compared with the others.

I think i'm pretty happy for now, see you in 2020 when I start looking for more... Again

Cheers,

Looks good! You might consider aiming your back-lighting lower, and with a symmetrical pattern. It looks like you're trying to point them at things or people. With a 4-light bar, a typical aiming is a simple fan shape, pointing down about mid stage.

The mini lights would be far better if you placed 2 of them on the floor pointing back at the drum kit, and another pair pointing up on to your back drop, IMO.

I use speaker-mounted lights for front wash as well. It's obviously not optimum, but it beats the hell out of another pair of tripods out front!

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #27 on: May 02, 2019, 04:01:26 PM »

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.023 seconds with 24 queries.