ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28   Go Down

Author Topic: New Midas console?  (Read 96120 times)

Dave Pluke

• Northwest GA, USA
    • BIGG GRIN Productions
Re: New Midas console?
« Reply #260 on: October 25, 2021, 02:26:32 PM »

LOL... it means they finally got the container unloaded from the ship and on a truck.  Two months ago I was told by an HD96 owner/user (who was waiting on another pair of them) that the container was already "on the water" and en route to LA or Long Beach.

Hope they packed adequate desiccant gel inside  ;) .

Dave
...an analog man in a digital world [tm]

Flying direct to nearly everywhere out of ATL

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #261 on: October 25, 2021, 04:43:33 PM »

Hope they packed adequate desiccant gel inside  ;) .

Dave

I was hoping they'd at least use a ship, but things ain't the way they used to be... ;)
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Chris Hindle

• SR Forums
  • Montreal, Quebec, Canada, Earth, Sol System,......
« Reply #262 on: October 25, 2021, 05:55:16 PM »

I was hoping they'd at least use a ship, but things ain't the way they used to be... ;)
With the way shipping is these days, it would probably be faster to float it over in the Road Case.... 8)
Chris.
Ya, Whatever. Just throw a '57 on it, and get off my stage.

Kent Clasen

« Reply #263 on: October 25, 2021, 06:17:59 PM »

Midas posted on Instagram today the console with flight case with a list price of $39,500 USD for the HD96-24-CC-TP

Full Compass has the console on their website as well.

https://www.fullcompass.com/prod/602302-midas-hd96-24-cc-ip-ul-live-digital-console-144-input-ch-21-touch-screen

I am curious as to how people are feeling about investing in this console given the MG’s trend of seemingly lack of pro support etc. My comfort level suggesting this console is not very high compared to others that I know I can call someone for help or parts and know they will jump through hoops to help. Anyone remember Phil from Midas support in the 1980s? He was great and super helpful.

I have had some of the M series on order from the US distributor for over 8 months…
« Last Edit: October 25, 2021, 06:49:24 PM by Kent Clasen »

Daniel Levi

« Reply #264 on: October 26, 2021, 01:46:42 AM »

I have had some of the M series on order from the US distributor for over 8 months…

I know Behringer are having problems getting components and that has delayed a few of their synths and I would guess Midas is the same, add shipping delays on top and long delays are inevitable. 

Helge A Bentsen

• Oslo, Norway.
« Reply #265 on: October 26, 2021, 01:51:06 AM »

I am curious as to how people are feeling about investing in this console given the MG’s trend of seemingly lack of pro support etc. My comfort level suggesting this console is not very high compared to others that I know I can call someone for help or parts and know they will jump through hoops to help. Anyone remember Phil from Midas support in the 1980s? He was great and super helpful.

Personally, I've got no hesitations.
MG's "Pro Brands" are mostly supported by the biggest rental house in our country, so the support is usually excellent.
I have a couple of numbers I can call almost 24/7.

I'm aware that the global situation can be quite different.

Helge A Bentsen

• Oslo, Norway.
« Reply #266 on: November 13, 2021, 06:14:26 AM »

First impressins: Nice desk. I like it.

Jim McKeveny

« Reply #267 on: November 17, 2021, 10:05:42 AM »

it will be interesting to see how this plays out in USA. Sweetwater has been purchased by a private equity firm, and already they are beating up on vendors with the usual: slow payments, abuse of mfg. warranty terms, etc. Uli (no saint himself) split from Guitar Center after Bain Capital takeover because of this playbook.

Helge A Bentsen

• Oslo, Norway.
« Reply #268 on: November 17, 2021, 12:14:45 PM »

it will be interesting to see how this plays out in USA. Sweetwater has been purchased by a private equity firm, and already they are beating up on vendors with the usual: slow payments, abuse of mfg. warranty terms, etc. Uli (no saint himself) split from Guitar Center after Bain Capital takeover because of this playbook.

Interesting indeed.
The desk itself is the real deal. I had two bands, 40 something inputs and got around on it pretty easy, thought it sounded good and would love to mix on it again.

Bharat Bajaj

« Reply #269 on: November 23, 2021, 10:23:47 AM »

Has anyone on here heard anything about a new Midas console?  With the recent price drop in the M32, the discontinuing of some of the Pro consoles, and a "leaked" photo online, it seems to add up.  I realize that there are probably NDA's that would have had to be signed by dealers/beta testers if true, but wondering if there is any info floating around unofficially.

I was a fan of Midas pro series as I own a pro 3. But now completely shifted to avid as the pro is hanging for past 18 months and there has been no service from Midas. The mixer is useless.

The service ticket has been raised , no help from anywhere. I think they are happy with x32 and M32. And there is no no support .

Wundt advise you to get into midas.
Bharat Bajaj
SOUNDSHAFT

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #269 on: November 23, 2021, 10:23:47 AM »

Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 25 queries.