ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 28   Go Down

Author Topic: New Midas console?  (Read 95591 times)

Helge A Bentsen

• Oslo, Norway.
Re: New Midas console?
« Reply #220 on: January 30, 2021, 03:52:55 PM »

Yes.  I wonder is you need two hands to add up the number of HD96s presently sold and delivered world wide.

Saw a new one delivered to a venue today. So I know of three different venues with HD96 in Norway.

Gunther Mai

« Reply #221 on: January 30, 2021, 05:16:08 PM »

Ah Norway is the country steeped in legend where at the end of the fjord all this mysterious HD96 beta-testing is happening ...

Helge A Bentsen

• Oslo, Norway.
« Reply #222 on: January 30, 2021, 05:27:59 PM »

Ah Norway is the country steeped in legend where at the end of the fjord all this mysterious HD96 beta-testing is happening ...

Yes, it's here alongside our famous Norwegian blue...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z9SMUzj-_4Q

;)

Gunther Mai

« Reply #223 on: January 30, 2021, 05:48:43 PM »

Ah understand ... its the norwegian blue colour on that midas!

Dave Stevens

« Reply #224 on: March 23, 2021, 05:39:21 PM »

They ain't shipping to normal folks yet kids.  My guess would be what's out there are limited run units and some engineering prototypes.  Those of you that are still in business know how tough it's been.  Except for some installs no one is buying live event gear.  There is a fair amount of church installs/upgrades happening and if they had them they'd be going in there.  Streaming gear is selling.  I even bought a Tricaster, small A&H, camera, grip and mic package so I could at least get some work with the closures.   A $25-30k console isn't going to happen for most right now.  If they were available they'd be on the dealer price list, have a buttload press and all the dealers would be pimping them.

While the capabilities for the price look good, contrary to what some web pundits are saying it ain't gonna replace a Quantum or Rivage.  Depending on how well it works and holds up it may take a bite out of the QL/CL market.  We'll see.  Most of you guys won't be buying gear until next year anyway.  If then.  I don't expect to see many of these in the next several months or even this year.  The demand isn't there.

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #225 on: April 07, 2021, 06:40:47 PM »

Word is that console production is running at BehringerCity with a ship date of end of April, a couple are already in Canada...
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Helge A Bentsen

• Oslo, Norway.
« Reply #226 on: April 08, 2021, 09:46:42 AM »

Word is that console production is running at BehringerCity with a ship date of end of April, a couple are already in Canada...

I just noticed that our distributor has the console in his webshop.
It wasn't there before easter.

Andrien (No Last Name)

« Reply #227 on: April 22, 2021, 09:39:07 PM »

Hi, does anyone who has the console could confirm if the fibre connection on the console is singlemode or multimode fiber? Thanks

Daniel Levi

« Reply #228 on: April 23, 2021, 02:10:33 AM »

Hi, does anyone who has the console could confirm if the fibre connection on the console is singlemode or multimode fibre? Thanks

Going by the Midas website the one they sell for the pro series is multimode fibre and I would expect the HD-96 to be no different.

https://www.midasconsoles.com/product.html?modelCode=P0ATM 

Mac Kerr

• Old enough to know better
  • Administrator
  • Audio Plumber
« Reply #229 on: April 23, 2021, 07:54:31 AM »

Going by the Midas website the one they sell for the pro series is multimode fibre and I would expect the HD-96 to be no different.

https://www.midasconsoles.com/product.html?modelCode=P0ATM

With most fiber connections, inside the device or right on the connector panel, there will be an SFP electrical to optical converter. SFP inserts are available starting at $10 so you can probably change to whatever fiber type you want with a little effort. I have swapped out standard MM connection for SM bidirectional connections that use only a single fiber rather than two fibers.

Mac

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #229 on: April 23, 2021, 07:54:31 AM »

Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 28   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 25 queries.