ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 28   Go Down

Author Topic: New Midas console?  (Read 96118 times)

Scott Holtzman

• Ghost AV - Avon Lake, OH
    • Ghost Audio Visual Systems, LLC
Re: New Midas console?
« Reply #190 on: February 26, 2020, 04:42:42 PM »

Oof, UK phone rates would kill us yanks for service calls, but when it comes down to being able to run the show or not...

Most VoD from the cable companies and VoIP service provide free calls to EU in their base package.  VoIP is super handy for the itinerant nature of production work.   We use a Verizon hotspot and have a VoIP phone or three in the admin trunk (larger shows) so they have an extension off the office system and reliable calling from the show.

Scott AKA "Skyking" Holtzman

Ghost Audio Visual Solutions, LLC
Cleveland OH
www.ghostav.rocks

Helge A Bentsen

• Oslo, Norway.
« Reply #191 on: January 12, 2021, 11:34:02 AM »

FWIW: I tested the new Midas console yesterday for a couple of hours.
Had a service call on a KF730 system and the house had just bought a HD-96 system.

Very promising, we set up a multitrack and did some basic mixing while exploring it. Looking forward to do a gig on it (whenever  that happens).

Al Rettich

« Reply #192 on: January 19, 2021, 08:22:57 PM »

It sounds like the console in question is the HD yes?? I know the M32 just had a price reduction, which means a new one is on it's way. I have a client who's wanting to purchase a M32, instead of a wing.

Haven't found anyone yet talking about a M32 replacement.

Most VoD from the cable companies and VoIP service provide free calls to EU in their base package.  VoIP is super handy for the itinerant nature of production work.   We use a Verizon hotspot and have a VoIP phone or three in the admin trunk (larger shows) so they have an extension off the office system and reliable calling from the show.

Andrien (No Last Name)

« Reply #193 on: January 20, 2021, 01:20:10 AM »

FWIW: I tested the new Midas console yesterday for a couple of hours.
Had a service call on a KF730 system and the house had just bought a HD-96 system.

Very promising, we set up a multitrack and did some basic mixing while exploring it. Looking forward to do a gig on it (whenever  that happens).

Do you know where I can get the manuals? I can't find anything in regards to HD-96 on their website :(

MikeHarris

« Reply #194 on: January 20, 2021, 01:23:52 AM »

20 days into the new year and the new B distributor has neither dealer applications ..inventory or pricing.
How can they possibly be this untogether

Helge A Bentsen

• Oslo, Norway.
« Reply #195 on: January 20, 2021, 06:38:08 AM »

Do you know where I can get the manuals? I can't find anything in regards to HD-96 on their website :(
AFAIK they haven't released anything yet.

There is some stuff on YouTube.

Robert Lofgren

« Reply #196 on: January 21, 2021, 03:40:57 AM »

There is no new m32 on the way. The price reduction is a reflection of the new distribution.

The m32 is a great piece of gear, but why doesn’t he want a wing? I’m just curious...

It sounds like the console in question is the HD yes?? I know the M32 just had a price reduction, which means a new one is on it's way. I have a client who's wanting to purchase a M32, instead of a wing.

Haven't found anyone yet talking about a M32 replacement.

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #197 on: January 21, 2021, 12:40:02 PM »

There is no new m32 on the way. The price reduction is a reflection of the new distribution.

The m32 is a great piece of gear, but why doesn’t he want a wing? I’m just curious...

So.. is the Wing a 16/24/32/40/48 input mixer?  How many mono inputs can be accessed and brought to mix?  When I attended a demo about 11 months ago the rep could not answer this question.  I've asked it in the Lounge, last year, but there was no definitive answer as the firmware was being updated almost daily.

There are several things the Wing does that would be useful to me, but only if the input count is sufficient.

As for the Heritage HD-96.  I'll believe it exists as more than engineering prototypes when my Midas rep drops one off for a demo.
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Daniel Levi

« Reply #198 on: January 21, 2021, 03:26:08 PM »

The WING is 48 stereo channels, so whether the input to the channel is mono or stereo the amount of mixable channels is the same, a bit like having a 48 input analogue board where all the inputs are stereo.

Scott Helmke

« Reply #199 on: January 21, 2021, 03:28:59 PM »

As for the Heritage HD-96.  I'll believe it exists as more than engineering prototypes when my Midas rep drops one off for a demo.

We sold one to a local venue, and while it took quite a while to show up the console has in fact been delivered.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #199 on: January 21, 2021, 03:28:59 PM »

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 28   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 25 queries.