ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 28   Go Down

Author Topic: New Midas console?  (Read 96124 times)

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
Re: New Midas console?
« Reply #170 on: September 15, 2019, 10:11:34 AM »

As I do not use FaceSpace or MyBook or other intrusive "social" media my only info is what I read in the trades or from the video that another user ripped and posted to Yoo Toob.  My take away was that all the DLxxx boxes would work.  Perhaps I misunderstood and it's only the DL2xx boxes?

The charm of the H-D dims if it will require new or significantly modified i/o.
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Branimir Bozak

• Stara metalika
« Reply #171 on: September 15, 2019, 03:43:58 PM »

As I do not use FaceSpace or MyBook or other intrusive "social" media ...
Well, Midas' PR is currently giving information thru their brand representatives here and there, and searching for info about the new console is like searching for treasure... Or boogers.

A couple of groups exist, where some folks with random knowledge or inside info post stuff, and seems like Midas is also starving most of them on information, giving only hints of this and that, and people posting videos of "HOW DOES THE HERITAGE D SOUND?" of themselves with the Heritage D and an industry standard microphone pointed at the console, with some wannabe funny remarks going on in the video.

First videos of the console started showing up on social networks, all pointing to Midas' Youtube channel, and most of these videos were actually unlisted, so they can't be found via regular search engine, only thru a posted link.

There was a really big list of specification/features floating around and the DL400 series was not in it, some people turned their heads and commented and seems like a lot of info is once again deleted or hidden, or edited, but it looks like it won't support the DL431. I guess they need to make room for the console, who would buy the Pro X then?

Hype building in progress... We'll see when it actually hits the stores and a regular Joe can get access to it, how it fares. For now it just fairy tales.
If you scoop, it sounds like poop!

Simon Lewis

« Reply #172 on: September 15, 2019, 07:11:10 PM »

For now it just fairy tales.

Not quite...
There's a real desk with people answering questions about it at London's PLASA show right now.
SSE are listing information on their website, and are stating, "Compatible with the DL231, DL151, DL152, DL153, ​​DL154, DL155 and DL251 stage boxes..."

Nathan Riddle

• Niceville, FL
    • Nailed Productions
« Reply #173 on: September 19, 2019, 10:35:40 AM »

New video. Nothing new.

https://youtu.be/3wFWzKbkU3Y
I'm just a guy trying to do the next right thing.

This business is for people with too much energy for desk jobs and too much brain for labor jobs. - Scott Helmke

MikeHarris

« Reply #174 on: September 20, 2019, 02:34:00 AM »

I didn’t go to WFX but I believe Midas did a intro to the finished product. 
Anyone go ?

Miguel Dahl

« Reply #175 on: September 20, 2019, 09:43:27 PM »

I just watched this since YT queued it up after the vid Nathan posted
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hwznsGlzflA

It was a short moment in the video, but did I understand it correctly (or maybe wrong), that you can do own aux-bus (monitor) settings from the input strip? Instead of have to split channels to do individual EQ and compression for example for the monitor send?

For several years I've been fantasizing about a "Mons" button/panel which expands the channel window to give you a window with parameters which affects only monitors/aux bus setting with Digital Trim/EQ/Comp/Insert etc. Instead of have to split the channel or select send point (which still only gives you one compressor and EQ on the whole channel).

Expand the channel window, and get settings for what is going to the mix bus send. And have a button which also copies "to main-mix"-parameters.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2019, 09:53:09 PM by Miguel Dahl »

Erik Jerde

• Classic LAB
« Reply #176 on: September 21, 2019, 12:52:21 AM »

I just watched this since YT queued it up after the vid Nathan posted
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hwznsGlzflA

It was a short moment in the video, but did I understand it correctly (or maybe wrong), that you can do own aux-bus (monitor) settings from the input strip? Instead of have to split channels to do individual EQ and compression for example for the monitor send?

For several years I've been fantasizing about a "Mons" button/panel which expands the channel window to give you a window with parameters which affects only monitors/aux bus setting with Digital Trim/EQ/Comp/Insert etc. Instead of have to split the channel or select send point (which still only gives you one compressor and EQ on the whole channel).

Expand the channel window, and get settings for what is going to the mix bus send. And have a button which also copies "to main-mix"-parameters.

I can’t speak to other desks but it sounds like what you’re looking for is what DiGiCo calls nodal processing and is available on their SD7Q console.  Effectively it’s separate channel processing available on each channel send pick-off point.  Eliminates the need to double patch for monitor eq/dynamics/etc.

Roland Clarke

« Reply #177 on: September 22, 2019, 07:48:12 AM »

I can’t speak to other desks but it sounds like what you’re looking for is what DiGiCo calls nodal processing and is available on their SD7Q console.  Effectively it’s separate channel processing available on each channel send pick-off point.  Eliminates the need to double patch for monitor eq/dynamics/etc.

If the Midas is doing that thrn it’s at 20% of the Quantum’s cost.

Erik Jerde

• Classic LAB
« Reply #178 on: September 22, 2019, 02:06:46 PM »

Which would be awesome.

Miguel Dahl

« Reply #179 on: September 23, 2019, 03:50:30 PM »

I just randomly viewed a YT video of the new stuff which Core 2 came with, and it was mentioned, so I remembered that I wrote that post. Funny. So the functions are out there in the live-rental-market. I didn't know that.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #179 on: September 23, 2019, 03:50:30 PM »

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 28   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 22 queries.