ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 28   Go Down

Author Topic: New Midas console?  (Read 95594 times)

Matt Greiner

Re: New Midas console?
« Reply #60 on: November 16, 2018, 08:00:25 PM »

Interesting. From what my rep said, Midas only made a handful (around 100) of the discounted packages available to select vendors - Sweetwater, B&H, and Full Compass. It also doesn't fully explain with the X32 Rack is on backorder, either.

I know zzounds had them available as well.

brian maddox

• HeyYahWon! ttsss! ttsss!
« Reply #61 on: November 16, 2018, 08:28:05 PM »

There was a recent major price drop in Europe. An x32-rack is now appox $780 in Sweden (7600 sek), including a 25% sales tax.

Basically, at this price point, X32Racks are a Stage I/O Rack with some mixing capability built in.  Add a Dante card and it's the cheapest 22x14 Analog to Dante interface you can buy. 
"It feels wrong to be in the audience.  And it's too peopley!" - Steve Smith

brian maddox
[email protected]
Savannah, GA

'...do not trifle with the affairs of dragons...

....for you are crunchy, and taste good with ketchup...'

Kent Clasen

« Reply #62 on: November 20, 2018, 04:34:16 PM »

It's probably time for a new Midas console, but if it's called "Heritage D" that might imply it's a digital replacement for the analog Heritage. The analog Heritage was a $80,000 console. I think it may be to get better traction in the touring market where the Heritage 3000 ruled than they have been able to get with the ProX. I would not expect it to be a sub $5,000 console. Or sub $20,000.

Mac

I think you are right Mac. From what I have been told it will replace the Pro3/6/9 mixers. It may not be available until mid 2019.

The Pro1/2 aren’t going to be replaced by this.

Tim Padrick

• Indianapolis
    • T.P. Audio
« Reply #63 on: November 20, 2018, 07:44:30 PM »

Possibly related... something strange is going on with the Tribe, for sure.

My Full Compass rep offered me the M32 bundle deal back in October (discounted M32 with the free DL32). I bit on it and was told it would arrive in early November. I also ordered another X32 Rack to have for small "talking-head" gigs. I was told that would arrive "within a few days."

Just heard from my rep today... the M32 bundle isn't due to arrive until late January. And the X32 Rack is due to arrive "maybe in December."

He also indicated that it's taking forever to get repair parts from Tribe. I wonder what's going on over there?

M32 are to arrive at the distributor Christmas week and the following week(s)  M32R are in stock.  X32Rack are due to arrive just after Thanksgiving.

The Tribe is preparing to move their parts and service departments (and maybe more) to a larger facility, so hopefully that explains the delay.

Steve Eudaly

• Headline Productions
« Reply #64 on: November 20, 2018, 09:02:35 PM »

I'm also with you and Mac. This will likely be a "big boy" console intended to help Midas regain some upper echelon curb appeal.

I think you are right Mac. From what I have been told it will replace the Pro3/6/9 mixers. It may not be available until mid 2019.

The Pro1/2 aren’t going to be replaced by this.

Ray Aberle

• Classic LAB
  • Located in Vancouver, WA (and serves OR-WA-ID-BC)
    • Kelcema Audio
« Reply #65 on: November 21, 2018, 09:52:43 AM »

M32 are to arrive at the distributor Christmas week and the following week(s)  M32R are in stock.  X32Rack are due to arrive just after Thanksgiving.

The Tribe is preparing to move their parts and service departments (and maybe more) to a larger facility, so hopefully that explains the delay.
I ordered an M32 for retail stock when we heard of the impending price increases. Unless I am mistaken, there's been no increase (but we're all scrambling to stock like there is... lol).

Order was placed just before the supposed prices increases were to start (eff. 1-Nov, we were told). Just got a shipment notification that the M32 I ordered is shipping out today.

-Ray
Kelcema Audio
Regional - Serving Pacific Northwest (OR, WA, ID, BC)

Roland Clarke

« Reply #66 on: November 21, 2018, 10:47:22 AM »

After the recent price crash, I think it’s unlikely that they will go up again.  I may be wrong.  Let’s see!

Robert Lofgren

« Reply #67 on: November 22, 2018, 11:54:09 AM »

The problem is the new import taxes in the US on stuff coming from e.g. China. This will make stuff more expensive...

After the recent price crash, I think it’s unlikely that they will go up again.  I may be wrong.  Let’s see!

Ray Aberle

• Classic LAB
  • Located in Vancouver, WA (and serves OR-WA-ID-BC)
    • Kelcema Audio
« Reply #68 on: November 22, 2018, 03:32:34 PM »

The problem is the new import taxes in the US on stuff coming from e.g. China. This will make stuff more expensive...
The challenge is that the time frame is proving to be a large variable.

We (MG dealers) were told "OMG BUY YOUR SHIZZLE NOW cos prices are going up November 1!"

And then, Nov 1 passed, and no changes.

Then it was November 18, "OMG, prices are gonna jump, PLACE YOUR ORDERS NOW!"

New price sheets are out, effective November 19, 2018, and my dealer cost on the M32, for example, hasn't changed one cent.

Thanks guys, for building a panic and causing dealers to "load in" on things and the prices haven't changed.

Now, doesn't mean they won't change next month or in January, but at the present time, no changes...

[I've also seen price increases being implemented, blamed on "Chinese tariffs," but for products made in other countries... Someone didn't think that marketing claim through!

-Ray
Kelcema Audio
Regional - Serving Pacific Northwest (OR, WA, ID, BC)

Steve Litcher

• MixMasters Podcast
« Reply #69 on: November 27, 2018, 02:36:53 PM »

Looks like Midas announced a "new" M32R Live console earlier today via their Facebook page.

http://www.musictribe.com/Categories/Midas/Mixers/Digital/M32R-LIVE/p/P0C7S

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #69 on: November 27, 2018, 02:36:53 PM »

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 28   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 25 queries.