ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 28   Go Down

Author Topic: New Midas console?  (Read 96278 times)

Steve Payne

• Soundworks of Virginia, Inc.
Re: New Midas console?
« Reply #50 on: November 16, 2018, 08:20:54 AM »

It's probably time for a new Midas console, but if it's called "Heritage D" that might imply it's a digital replacement for the analog Heritage. The analog Heritage was a $80,000 console. I think it may be to get better traction in the touring market where the Heritage 3000 ruled than they have been able to get with the ProX. I would not expect it to be a sub $5,000 console. Or sub $20,000.

Mac

mmmmm, maybe?  Though I don't think Music! would let a little thing like a products "heritage" get in the way of marketing.  The new Turbosound monitor range, complete with plastic end cheeks, a single handle that is almost impossible to use and house drivers is dubbed the "Flashline" range.  Right.
Steve Payne
like us on Facebook at:
https://www.facebook.com/SOUNDWORKSOFVIRGINIA

Gary Weller

« Reply #51 on: November 16, 2018, 08:39:25 AM »

mmmmm, maybe?  Though I don't think Music! would let a little thing like a products "heritage" get in the way of marketing.  The new Turbosound monitor range, complete with plastic end cheeks, a single handle that is almost impossible to use and house drivers is dubbed the "Flashline" range.  Right.

I could be wrong, but I don't think they'd put that big of a screen/display on a $5K desk.

Spenser Hamilton

« Reply #52 on: November 16, 2018, 09:44:55 AM »

I could be wrong, but I don't think they'd put that big of a screen/display on a $5K desk.

Once upon a time nobody thought you could make a decent digital desk for $3K.
Technical Director - Chatham Capitol Theatre/Kiwanis Theatre

Gary Weller

« Reply #53 on: November 16, 2018, 10:08:59 AM »

Once upon a time nobody thought you could make a decent digital desk for $3K.

True, but if that's a $5K console, I predict a huge glut of M32s on the used market.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2018, 01:47:18 PM by Gary Weller »

Caleb Dueck

• Sierra Vista, AZ
« Reply #54 on: November 16, 2018, 02:22:15 PM »

Heard from Midas indirectly, most of my guesses received a "no comment", but starting price received a comment of - much higher than $7k. 

There are a crap ton of M32's "on the boat" from China due to the current discounts, and pressure from the A&H SQ line.  I doubt this new model will affect M32 sales much. 

Curious to see how this compares to the DLive as that seems to be the current power/value king.  A C3500/CDM64 and Dante card can mix 128ch for around what, $25k?

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

Experience is something you get right after you need it.

Steve Litcher

• MixMasters Podcast
« Reply #55 on: November 16, 2018, 02:29:41 PM »

I asked around and got the word that are they are simply "sold out" due to the recent discount campaign and that they can not produce as fast as required, hence the backorders...

Who would have thought that being popular could be a bad thing...

Interesting. From what my rep said, Midas only made a handful (around 100) of the discounted packages available to select vendors - Sweetwater, B&H, and Full Compass. It also doesn't fully explain with the X32 Rack is on backorder, either.

Steve Litcher

• MixMasters Podcast
« Reply #56 on: November 16, 2018, 04:28:37 PM »

And.... in even more bizarre news - I just got a call saying everything has arrived as of today. Holy crikey.

Supply chain fail/win? :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Caleb Dueck

• Sierra Vista, AZ
« Reply #57 on: November 16, 2018, 05:44:50 PM »

There are around 725 M32's planned for the USA between now and first week of Jan.   There is also a promo open to all dealers until end of the year. 

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

Experience is something you get right after you need it.

Robert Lofgren

« Reply #58 on: November 16, 2018, 07:54:46 PM »

There was a recent major price drop in Europe. An x32-rack is now appox $780 in Sweden (7600 sek), including a 25% sales tax.

Interesting. From what my rep said, Midas only made a handful (around 100) of the discounted packages available to select vendors - Sweetwater, B&H, and Full Compass. It also doesn't fully explain with the X32 Rack is on backorder, either.

Matt Greiner

« Reply #59 on: November 16, 2018, 07:59:10 PM »

I know zzounds had them available as well.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #59 on: November 16, 2018, 07:59:10 PM »

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 28   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 25 queries.