ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 28   Go Down

Author Topic: New Midas console?  (Read 95602 times)

lindsay Dean

• Classic LAB
Re: New Midas console?
« Reply #40 on: November 15, 2018, 03:09:22 PM »

I don't understand why Behringer and all the 2000 to $5,000 consoles don't Supply an HDMI output where you could hook up your own. Video monitor, that will be a wonderful thing. I guess they're trying to save that $3.89 it might cost to upgrade to a bigger screen.
    I can almost guarantee that will one of the upgrades on the new console
"A mans got to know his limitations"
     and Pray for higher guidance

TJ (Tom) Cornish

• St. Paul, MN
« Reply #41 on: November 15, 2018, 04:58:44 PM »

I don't understand why Behringer and all the 2000 to $5,000 consoles don't Supply an HDMI output where you could hook up your own. Video monitor, that will be a wonderful thing. I guess they're trying to save that $3.89 it might cost to upgrade to a bigger screen.
The $3.00 HDMI port isn't the issue; the work is coding that functionality.  What does it do?  Is it just a mirror of the onboard screen?  Is it a second screen?  Is it touch-sensitive?  Multi-touch or single-touch?  Screen resolution scaling?

Adding features in software is more difficult than us users often give manufacturers credit for.

Nathan Riddle

• Niceville, FL
    • Nailed Productions
« Reply #42 on: November 15, 2018, 05:33:18 PM »

Shuttle XPC nano with Android & touchscreen monitor...
I'm just a guy trying to do the next right thing.

This business is for people with too much energy for desk jobs and too much brain for labor jobs. - Scott Helmke

Steve Payne

• Soundworks of Virginia, Inc.
« Reply #43 on: November 15, 2018, 07:27:31 PM »

Doesn't the screen look like Soundcraft V1 software,  this smells fishy to me.  Does anyone know Pope they can give him a buzz and get the scoop? 

Sent from my VS996 using Tapatalk

The screen looks nothing like Soundcraft Vi.  Zero.
Steve Payne
like us on Facebook at:
https://www.facebook.com/SOUNDWORKSOFVIRGINIA

Scott Holtzman

• Ghost AV - Avon Lake, OH
    • Ghost Audio Visual Systems, LLC
« Reply #44 on: November 15, 2018, 07:36:49 PM »

The screen looks nothing like Soundcraft Vi.  Zero.

Thanks for clearing that up Steve, I know you are huge Soundcraft shop.  Hopefully the picture is not photoshopped and we will have a new offering from Midas to consider next year.

Regards....
Scott AKA "Skyking" Holtzman

Ghost Audio Visual Solutions, LLC
Cleveland OH
www.ghostav.rocks

Mac Kerr

• Old enough to know better
  • Administrator
  • Audio Plumber
« Reply #45 on: November 15, 2018, 08:05:43 PM »

Thanks for clearing that up Steve, I know you are huge Soundcraft shop.  Hopefully the picture is not photoshopped and we will have a new offering from Midas to consider next year.

It's probably time for a new Midas console, but if it's called "Heritage D" that might imply it's a digital replacement for the analog Heritage. The analog Heritage was a $80,000 console. I think it may be to get better traction in the touring market where the Heritage 3000 ruled than they have been able to get with the ProX. I would not expect it to be a sub $5,000 console. Or sub $20,000.

Mac

Justice C. Bigler

• SR Forums
  • Tulsa, Oklahoma
    • My homepage
« Reply #46 on: November 15, 2018, 08:25:37 PM »

Once again, live recording not withstanding, if one my clients said that, I probably don't want that gig.
Tell that to all the big name Broadway sound designers, and Las Vegas style production show designers that are making piles of cash designing systems and shows that run at 96k and even 192k.

Once I get my remote recording truck built out, I’ll be able to do 40 channels at 96k or 64 at 48k (or 48 channels if I decide to buy a third MY16-AUD card for my DM2000 to get that last 8 channels at 96k).

It’s all about options. “Yes, I can do your gig at 96k with 40 channels, or l can do 64 at 48k. Which would you like?”
Justice C. Bigler
Business Rep, IATSE Local 354
www.justicebigler.com

TJ (Tom) Cornish

• St. Paul, MN
« Reply #47 on: November 15, 2018, 10:35:33 PM »

Tell that to all the big name Broadway sound designers, and Las Vegas style production show designers that are making piles of cash designing systems and shows that run at 96k and even 192k.

Once I get my remote recording truck built out, I’ll be able to do 40 channels at 96k or 64 at 48k (or 48 channels if I decide to buy a third MY16-AUD card for my DM2000 to get that last 8 channels at 96k).

It’s all about options. “Yes, I can do your gig at 96k with 40 channels, or l can do 64 at 48k. Which would you like?”
I find myself in the middle of the 96KHz issue.   I have performed through a DM2000 but have never run one, but this desk is the same generation as my 01v96 boards.  My current boards are Allen & Heath GLD mixers that “only” run at 48KHz, but they sure do sound a lot better than my 01v96 boards at 48KHz or 96KHz. 

If the client specifically asks for 96KHz, then by all means give it to them.  If they want it to sound good, maybe that’s not the only factor.

Which outboard preamps are you using?  My memory is fuzzy, but I seem to remember some differences in sound between the two generations of outboard preamps - the AD8HR and the other one.  One was part of the PM1D platform I think, and one was newer?

Robert Lofgren

« Reply #48 on: November 16, 2018, 03:27:33 AM »

I asked around and got the word that are they are simply "sold out" due to the recent discount campaign and that they can not produce as fast as required, hence the backorders...

Who would have thought that being popular could be a bad thing...

Possibly related... something strange is going on with the Tribe, for sure.

My Full Compass rep offered me the M32 bundle deal back in October (discounted M32 with the free DL32). I bit on it and was told it would arrive in early November. I also ordered another X32 Rack to have for small "talking-head" gigs. I was told that would arrive "within a few days."

Just heard from my rep today... the M32 bundle isn't due to arrive until late January. And the X32 Rack is due to arrive "maybe in December."

He also indicated that it's taking forever to get repair parts from Tribe. I wonder what's going on over there?

Daniel Levi

« Reply #49 on: November 16, 2018, 07:52:40 AM »

I asked around and got the word that are they are simply "sold out" due to the recent discount campaign and that they can not produce as fast as required, hence the backorders...

Who would have thought that being popular could be a bad thing...

Their synthesizer venture is having the same problems, and they've also just got cheaper, sub £300/$300 for a minimoog clone is nuts.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #49 on: November 16, 2018, 07:52:40 AM »

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 28   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.047 seconds with 25 queries.