ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 28   Go Down

Author Topic: New Midas console?  (Read 96161 times)

Andrew Broughton

• Check Check One Two
Re: New Midas console?
« Reply #30 on: November 14, 2018, 05:40:36 PM »

Here's a pic that looks pretty real...

-Andy

"Well, my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle..."

http://www.checkcheckonetwo.com
Saving lives through Digital Audio, Programming and Electronics.

Jeremy Young

• Brown Bear Sound
« Reply #31 on: November 14, 2018, 06:45:49 PM »

That's one very large (touch)screen!   I can't imagine it being anywhere in the X32/M32 price territory, but I look forward to more info.
Brown Bear Sound
Victoria BC Canada
Live Events - Life Events - Corporate Events

Douglas R. Allen

« Reply #32 on: November 14, 2018, 06:59:04 PM »

Yeah I just tried to as well, I got an error saying the upload folder is full.  I'll try again later.
.    I get the same message too.  I found the uncropped picture of the one above but can't post I.   

Douglas R. Allen

Gary Weller

« Reply #33 on: November 14, 2018, 09:32:41 PM »

That's one very large (touch)screen!   I can't imagine it being anywhere in the X32/M32 price territory, but I look forward to more info.

That's a Heritage D, not in anyway a new X32/M32 replacement.

Scott Holtzman

• Ghost AV - Avon Lake, OH
    • Ghost Audio Visual Systems, LLC
« Reply #34 on: November 14, 2018, 10:41:04 PM »

That's a Heritage D, not in anyway a new X32/M32 replacement.
Doesn't the screen look like Soundcraft V1 software,  this smells fishy to me.  Does anyone know Pope they can give him a buzz and get the scoop? 

Sent from my VS996 using Tapatalk

Scott AKA "Skyking" Holtzman

Ghost Audio Visual Solutions, LLC
Cleveland OH
www.ghostav.rocks

Tim Hite

• Bad Quail
« Reply #35 on: November 15, 2018, 01:08:27 AM »

I was over to the MG service center in Vegas just before LDI. They said they were not allowed to say anything about any new Midas console that may or may not be announced around the first of the year. . .

Doesn't the screen look like Soundcraft V1 software,  this smells fishy to me.  Does anyone know Pope they can give him a buzz and get the scoop? 

Sent from my VS996 using Tapatalk
Bad Quail
Sound + Light + Image
Joshua Tree, California
Authorized Dealer for all this stuff

Kevin McDonough

« Reply #36 on: November 15, 2018, 03:56:21 AM »

yeah, I've saw this pic pop up a couple of times on FB now, and one that was in a room in normal lighting rather than being all lit up at showtime. Seems Legit.

Mixed opinions, some people seem to like it, some people say too much like a glorified M32. But yeah, definitely intended for a much higher price point than M32, or I think even Pro1. Been told that the main rival it was going up against was the SD12, though obviously at that level you're also looking at the equivalent offerings from Yamaha, Avid, Allen & Heath, Soundcraft etc and even the slightly less common things like SSL and Cadac etc.

K

Josh Dunaway

« Reply #37 on: November 15, 2018, 07:39:38 AM »

yeah, I've saw this pic pop up a couple of times on FB now, and one that was in a room in normal lighting rather than being all lit up at showtime. Seems Legit.

Mixed opinions, some people seem to like it, some people say too much like a glorified M32. But yeah, definitely intended for a much higher price point than M32, or I think even Pro1. Been told that the main rival it was going up against was the SD12, though obviously at that level you're also looking at the equivalent offerings from Yamaha, Avid, Allen & Heath, Soundcraft etc and even the slightly less common things like SSL and Cadac etc.

K

From what I have read it would be more of a direct competitor to the S21 with a lower price point around $5k.

Michael Lascuola

• WoodlawnSound.com
« Reply #38 on: November 15, 2018, 12:56:18 PM »

Whether anyone can discern a difference in sound quality between 96k and 48k is really irrelevant. If your client wants you to work at 96k and you have to tell them, "Sorry, none of my gear will do 96k. But it's okay, because you can't hear a difference anyway". You just lost the gig.

Once again, live recording not withstanding, if one my clients said that, I probably don't want that gig.
Colorado Springs, CO

Steve Litcher

• MixMasters Podcast
« Reply #39 on: November 15, 2018, 01:14:41 PM »

Possibly related... something strange is going on with the Tribe, for sure.

My Full Compass rep offered me the M32 bundle deal back in October (discounted M32 with the free DL32). I bit on it and was told it would arrive in early November. I also ordered another X32 Rack to have for small "talking-head" gigs. I was told that would arrive "within a few days."

Just heard from my rep today... the M32 bundle isn't due to arrive until late January. And the X32 Rack is due to arrive "maybe in December."

He also indicated that it's taking forever to get repair parts from Tribe. I wonder what's going on over there?

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #39 on: November 15, 2018, 01:14:41 PM »

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 28   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 22 queries.