ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 28   Go Down

Author Topic: New Midas console?  (Read 95600 times)

Matt Greiner

New Midas console?
« on: October 04, 2018, 03:01:09 PM »

Has anyone on here heard anything about a new Midas console?  With the recent price drop in the M32, the discontinuing of some of the Pro consoles, and a "leaked" photo online, it seems to add up.  I realize that there are probably NDA's that would have had to be signed by dealers/beta testers if true, but wondering if there is any info floating around unofficially.

Helge A Bentsen

• Oslo, Norway.
Re: New Midas console?
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2018, 04:39:21 PM »

Has anyone on here heard anything about a new Midas console?  With the recent price drop in the M32, the discontinuing of some of the Pro consoles, and a "leaked" photo online, it seems to add up.  I realize that there are probably NDA's that would have had to be signed by dealers/beta testers if true, but wondering if there is any info floating around unofficially.

Rumours about a new console from Midas have been floating around for more than a year IIRC.

I think they should get around to releasing one, I’m ready to pick up a used Pro2c when people start to replace them. My favorite mixing desk for music.

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2018, 10:23:41 PM »

Lots of unofficial and probably wrong info, but expect new products from several manufacturers.  The symptoms of impending product birth?....

Midas started the Pro series blow out over a year ago, and about 10 months ago Midas would do almost anything if you'd take delivery on a Pro X package before Dec 31.

Soundcraft was quietly phasing out certain models and would cut a major deal on a vi3000 if you were ordering a bunch of JBL or Crown.

Avid introduced cut down surface options for the S6L but they still have a big gap between those and the S3L.  I'm hoping there's an S4L waiting in the wings...

« Last Edit: October 04, 2018, 10:27:18 PM by Tim McCulloch »
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Caleb Dueck

• Sierra Vista, AZ
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2018, 12:04:05 AM »

Latest info/rumors - X32 replacement and new Midas (Heritage D or whatever the name), 2019 launch.  Midas was in beta testing at a large venue down under. 

I haven't touched either first-hand, but based on the source - I'm leaning toward "likely" rather than "speculation".   

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

Experience is something you get right after you need it.

Daniel Levi

« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2018, 03:20:40 AM »

Remember also the reason why the Pro3/6/9 was discontinued is due to it not being able to be upgraded to a PROX/incompatible with the NEUTRON DSP. The pro1 being self-contained and the pro2 being upgradeable (as it's a newer product I am assuming) ia why they have not been discontinued.

Caleb Dueck

• Sierra Vista, AZ
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2018, 09:12:33 AM »

Remember also the reason why the Pro3/6/9 was discontinued is due to it not being able to be upgraded to a PROX/incompatible with the NEUTRON DSP. The pro1 being self-contained and the pro2 being upgradeable (as it's a newer product I am assuming) ia why they have not been discontinued.
The Pro1/2 are both old architecture, but not quite as old as 3/6/9.  As far as I know they can't be upgraded to Neutron.

There are currently/near future two basic cores with various packaging/surface.  Neutron (Pro-X surface, 96kHz) and X32 (X32, M32, and derivative surfaces, 48kHz). 

Speculation - new Midas surface built around the Neutron core at the Pro2-ish price point.  New Behringer/Midas surface built on updated X32 core at Pro1-ish price point. 

Experience is something you get right after you need it.

Nick Andrews

« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2018, 12:31:37 PM »

The Pro1/2 are both old architecture, but not quite as old as 3/6/9.  As far as I know they can't be upgraded to Neutron.

There are currently/near future two basic cores with various packaging/surface.  Neutron (Pro-X surface, 96kHz) and X32 (X32, M32, and derivative surfaces, 48kHz). 

Speculation - new Midas surface built around the Neutron core at the Pro2-ish price point.  New Behringer/Midas surface built on updated X32 core at Pro1-ish price point. 

I really hope Midas and behringer can deliver a product that can compete with Allen and Heaths DLive series in sound quality and power. They really need to make sure that the bus count can compete with a Dlive system ... along with the fx rack, otherwise allen and heath may get my money next year. Only issue is the dlive remote apps fall short compared to the m32 / x32 app. Which is kind of a big deal for an audio provider of my size.

I also really hope they change the block of 8 routing structure... multiband compressors available on all channels and buses? Graphics and parametrics on all buses , a beefier version of ultranet? built in Dante? I guess we will find out soon enough!

Thomas Le

« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2018, 12:40:22 PM »

I really hope Midas and behringer can deliver a product that can compete with Allen and Heaths DLive series in sound quality and power. They really need to make sure that the bus count can compete with a Dlive system ... along with the fx rack, otherwise allen and heath may get my money next year. Only issue is the dlive remote apps fall short compared to the m32 / x32 app. Which is kind of a big deal for an audio provider of my size.

I also really hope they change the block of 8 routing structure... multiband compressors available on all channels and buses? Graphics and parametrics on all buses , a beefier version of ultranet? built in Dante? I guess we will find out soon enough!

This may sound stupid but if they can get 96kHz on x32/m32 v2 (and maybe double channel count) while keeping the price point, then it's another hot seller.

Nick Andrews

« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2018, 12:48:13 PM »

This may sound stupid but if they can get 96kHz on x32/m32 v2 (and maybe double channel count) while keeping the price point, then it's another hot seller.

yea a higher channel count and bus count x32 / m32 would be cool with me. Quite simply , I am doing more and more gigs with In ear monitor rigs these days, and it eats my buses for breakfast. By the time I create stem sub mixes for drums, string sections, choirs, so on I'm out of gas. Also being able to to have buses mono or stereo is very slick , like the SQ. Very very helpful.

More channels of automix would be helpful.... 8 channels is lame! =)
« Last Edit: October 05, 2018, 12:51:54 PM by Nick Andrews »

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2018, 01:34:27 PM »

96K would be marketing hype for live use.  Frankly NOBODY hears a difference in the sound coming from the PA that can be attributed *solely* to sample rate.

Lowering latency for IEM use is another matter but for many users is not an issue, either.

Use for recording is off-topic to the live forums except as a value-added service.
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2018, 01:34:27 PM »

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 28   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.044 seconds with 25 queries.