ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 28   Go Down

Author Topic: New Midas console?  (Read 96142 times)

Steve Payne

• Soundworks of Virginia, Inc.
Re: New Midas console?
« Reply #210 on: January 23, 2021, 09:01:41 PM »

I have mixed on one. Not an engineering prototype but an actual console sold and delivered to a venue.
It's hard to tell why there is no documentation available on the Midas website, maybe their user manual is constantly rewritten due to FW uptakes? IDK.

I have to assume that anyone who currently has possession of an HD96 is a member of or has very close contacts with the inner circle.  I received the newest Music Tribe dealer price list today and the HD96 is not on it.
Steve Payne
like us on Facebook at:
https://www.facebook.com/SOUNDWORKSOFVIRGINIA

MikeHarris

« Reply #211 on: January 24, 2021, 01:09:17 AM »

steve..look closely at the list...it may be leftover inventory  from Starin

Steve Payne

« Reply #212 on: January 24, 2021, 03:08:25 PM »

steve..look closely at the list...it may be leftover inventory  from Starin
Upon reading all of the accompanying information it seems possible that might be the case.  However, I checked with my rep and the list is complete - not just Starin transfer.  There is no price or listing for HD96 at this time, so I stick to my original observation.
Steve Payne
like us on Facebook at:

Alec Spence

• Herts, UK
« Reply #213 on: January 26, 2021, 11:31:52 AM »

Thanks, Robert.  That's far more succinct and complete than any other info I've gotten in 10 months.
I think the whole "everything runs as stereo" thing is what causes the IO count to feel variable for many people.

Ultimately, the message is that it's a 48 channel mixer.  But the fact that every channel can take stereo with no cost is the confuser.  If you're a 100% mono house, then it's a 48 channel desk.  But, if you use lots of stereo, the effective channel count can be the equivalent to a 96 channel mixer.  So it all depends on how much stereo you use.

Then again, all this information is, and has been for over a year, clearly available in many obvious places - including Behringer's site, and their launch videos.

Dave Pluke

• Northwest GA, USA
    • BIGG GRIN Productions
« Reply #214 on: January 26, 2021, 02:40:26 PM »

There is no new m32 on the way. The price reduction is a reflection of the new distribution.

The m32 is a great piece of gear, but why doesn’t he want a wing? I’m just curious...

I see the price of the Wing has come down as well.  Tempting!  Are you able to speak to how much, if any, current US tariffs add to the consoles?

Dave
...an analog man in a digital world [tm]

Flying direct to nearly everywhere out of ATL

Scott Holtzman

• Ghost AV - Avon Lake, OH
    • Ghost Audio Visual Systems, LLC
« Reply #215 on: January 26, 2021, 03:42:11 PM »

I seen a Wing Dante Card is out today.

Douglas R. Allen
Dante is nice, where is the damn waves soundgrid interface?

I don't know why I need another mixer, since I am paying to keep a warehouse full of soundgear I will probably end up selling at a huge loss.  Sorry it's almost the 1st and I will be paying rent, insurance and utilities out of hard earned taxed income for month #10 now as the tedium of age of COVID eats away at my soul. 

I guess there is hope I still get excited about gear and I bought some cases at auction for 65" displays as I was tired of looking like the Beverly Hillbillies loading in at the hotels with displays in the cardboard boxes they came in
Scott AKA "Skyking" Holtzman

Ghost Audio Visual Solutions, LLC
Cleveland OH
www.ghostav.rocks

Robert Lofgren

« Reply #216 on: January 26, 2021, 04:02:43 PM »

I live in Sweden so I have no real idea, but I’ve heard numbers like a 25% topup.

Btw, since I’ve gotten this question a number of times - The brooklyn dante oem card mounted on the wing option card is not 100% compatible with the forthcoming internal card, so it won’t work properly should you be tempted to perform some electronic surgery.

I see the price of the Wing has come down as well.  Tempting!  Are you able to speak to how much, if any, current US tariffs add to the consoles?

Dave

Andrew Henley

• Henley Audio Website
« Reply #217 on: January 28, 2021, 12:24:30 AM »

Thanks, Robert.  That's far more succinct and complete than any other info I've gotten in 10 months.

Side note, I just installed (2) WING consoles in a theater setting, though we are waiting on the Dante cards to finish programming system as specified. That said, first impressions are that it is an impressive piece of kit for the budget. We currently have only DL32's connected, however once Dante is installed we plan to interface ULXD and Symetrix. I'll update the forum with details as they get massaged out, as there are a few products in this theater that are new to the U.S. market.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2021, 12:01:29 AM by Andrew Henley »
Live Production: Henley Audio LLC - Minneapolis MN

Sales and Installation: High Grade Systems LLC - Minneapolis MN

Jim McKeveny

« Reply #218 on: January 28, 2021, 11:15:28 AM »

I have mixed on one. Not an engineering prototype but an actual console sold and delivered to a venue.

Preston Tucker delivered a few automobiles.

Steve Payne

« Reply #219 on: January 30, 2021, 02:43:24 PM »

Preston Tucker delivered a few automobiles.

Yes.  I wonder if you need two hands to add up the number of HD96s presently sold and delivered world wide.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2021, 07:07:07 PM by Steve Payne »
Steve Payne
like us on Facebook at:

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #219 on: January 30, 2021, 02:43:24 PM »

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 28   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 22 queries.