ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Midas Drops 10 year Warranty on M32 line and stage boxes?  (Read 3021 times)

Scott Helmke

Re: Midas Drops 10 year Warranty on M32 line and stage boxes?
« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2021, 05:25:57 PM »

I don't know or care what may have influenced this recent change, perhaps a competitive shift in the markplace, or maybe a liability issue with distribution. You can't just change your mind about truckloads of 10 year warranty obligations out in the field, or maybe you can.  ;D

They made significant changes to the dealer network recently - a lot of smaller (ie not Sweetwater or Amazon) dealers aren't dealers anymore, for instance.

Matt Vivlamore

• Lab Lounge
  • Southern Maryland
    • https://www.facebook.com/MeerkatSound/
« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2021, 08:14:40 PM »

Sounds like they are going to be adding a new line to the family?!?!?

I'm waiting on a M/X32 V2... hopefully with a slightly larger screen and touch function.  Maybe at Musikmesse 2022 we'll see something.
We're based in Southern Maryland, and LIKE us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/MeerkatSound/

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #12 on: November 24, 2021, 09:05:53 PM »

I'm waiting on a M/X32 V2... hopefully with a slightly larger screen and touch function.  Maybe at Musikmesse 2022 we'll see something.

Owww, speculation time?  The natural progression would be EOL for the X32/M32 and expanding the Wing options.  Since the Wing was introduced it's struck me as a "trial balloon" product because it doesn't fit anywhere and came out of nowhere (live, from Uli's ultra-secret pro 2000 lab)... but the product is intriguing in several respects.  Having gotten a look at the Midas HD96, I can see a little influence on the Wing but get the feeling the UI (and likely the mixing code underneath) were largely conceptualized and created by different project teams.

Or announce the expanded Wing family with "premium" prices and consolidate the X/M32 to 3 or 4 models, total, with ports for external video screen, keyboard and mouse... A mixerperson can dream, right?
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Nick Andrews

« Reply #13 on: November 24, 2021, 11:20:42 PM »

Looking forward to the HD96 Air version seeing the light of day...

Would really also love to see a wing rack,  similar to the x32 rack concept but with the horsepower of the full size wing.

Rack mount wing like the m32r would be slick to .....

We can dream can't we!

Daniel Levi

« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2021, 03:13:00 AM »

Owww, speculation time?  The natural progression would be EOL for the X32/M32 and expanding the Wing options.  Since the Wing was introduced it's struck me as a "trial balloon" product because it doesn't fit anywhere and came out of nowhere (live, from Uli's ultra-secret pro 2000 lab)... but the product is intriguing in several respects.  Having gotten a look at the Midas HD96, I can see a little influence on the Wing but get the feeling the UI (and likely the mixing code underneath) were largely conceptualized and created by different project teams.

Or announce the expanded Wing family with "premium" prices and consolidate the X/M32 to 3 or 4 models, total, with ports for external video screen, keyboard and mouse... A mixerperson can dream, right?

I would assume the Wing was designed by the same people in Germany that designed the X32, though given that the analogue I/O is taken from the pro series/M32 there is some UK influence, the HD-96/Heritage-D would have been designed by the Midas team in Manchester (Here to be more exact!, https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@53.4640434,-2.2773019,3a,50.4y,288.87h,92.42t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sKZNv6olCnuyivT0DtyGFgg!2e0!7i16384!8i8192).
« Last Edit: November 25, 2021, 03:15:55 AM by Daniel Levi »

brian maddox

• HeyYahWon! ttsss! ttsss!
« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2021, 02:14:26 PM »

I would assume the Wing was designed by the same people in Germany that designed the X32, though given that the analogue I/O is taken from the pro series/M32 there is some UK influence, the HD-96/Heritage-D would have been designed by the Midas team in Manchester (Here to be more exact!, https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@53.4640434,-2.2773019,3a,50.4y,288.87h,92.42t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sKZNv6olCnuyivT0DtyGFgg!2e0!7i16384!8i8192).

Looks like a place for very smart people to hang out and do very smart stuff...
"It feels wrong to be in the audience.  And it's too peopley!" - Steve Smith

brian maddox
[email protected]
Savannah, GA

'...do not trifle with the affairs of dragons...

....for you are crunchy, and taste good with ketchup...'

Gunther Mai

« Reply #16 on: November 26, 2021, 10:31:45 AM »

Ahh, i can see the inbox for warranty cases right to the entrée.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #16 on: November 26, 2021, 10:31:45 AM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.027 seconds with 24 queries.