ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: From The Outset: Strategies For Success With Source Input Mixing  (Read 767 times)

M. Erik Matlock

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Editor Live Sound International/ProSoundWeb
    • M. Erik Matlock on PSW

From The Outset: Strategies For Success With Source Input Mixing
If you can influence sound sources in ways that sit better in a mix and support the entire sonic image, you can minimize challenges down the line.
By Ales Stefancic • October 3, 2018

With the introduction of digital consoles, better microphone options, PA systems with higher fidelity and more pre-production time, the gap between the worlds of studio and live sound has been steadily diminishing.

Most of the live engineers that I know are also either accomplished studio engineers or at least have project studios that allow them to prepare for live shows, including dialing in plugins and/or processing for later use.

Although it’s not my express intent here to compare the two worlds, I’d like to point out that the live mixing process has shifted in recent years to include one vital aspect that was always a priority for studio work – capturing quality sound right at the source.

The traditional methodology of live audio, still very much present at smaller shows and when working with unknown artists, is to set up the stage and then through mic placement and processing, deliver the best result possible given the situation...

Continue reading here: https://www.prosoundweb.com/channels/live-sound/from-the-outset-strategies-for-success-with-source-input-mixing/
Train the next generation. Success without a successor is ultimately failure. wywu.org
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.06 seconds with 18 queries.