ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Inexpensive Lavs  (Read 5188 times)

Luke Geis

• Owner of Endever Music Production's
Re: Inexpensive Lavs
« Reply #20 on: October 12, 2018, 11:45:07 PM »

I am trying to stay away from weddings for more than a few reasons. I have only 1 band that I contract with these days for weddings and between them and my other work I only do about 6 a year. That is 5 too many. The only ones that are fun and worth doing are the ones that are for friends. I could charge double the money and still wouldn't be happy doing weddings. For me, it is such a dog and pony show that I don't want to deal with it.

I had my run at it and yes it is lucrative, but I was giving a piece of my soul every time. I was done with them when I went to the Bahama's to do a $1 million + wedding and they wanted all the best stuff you could get. I was placing Meyer UPJ's in the bushes because they didn't want to see the PA. They rented the entirety of The Ocean Club and had a party every night for 4 nights ( including the wedding reception ) and another farewell show the morning after. They didn't want to see me either. I had to mix the band that they had for the three nights prior to the wedding on the other side of the building.  I was mixing through headphones and had no direct line sight to the band. They turned the tennis courts into a giant pond where they also placed a football field sized tent that we hung an 8 box hang per side of D&B Audiotechnik Q1's for a Four Seasons Tribute band. It was absolute hell...... After that, I was no longer interested in weddings. I could have gotten 4X the money I did and I would still never even consider something like that again.

On topic though, If you need something nice that works and is cheap, Pyle Pro makes some pretty decent mics for the price.
I don't understand how you can't hear yourself

Rob Spence

• Boston Metro North/West
    • Lynx Audio Services
« Reply #21 on: October 15, 2018, 07:12:42 PM »

Thanks all for the suggestions and help.

The wedding happened.
Wedding planner was a pleasure. Bride & groom were great. Never met any family. Only time anyone came by mix position (side rear) was to compliment on sound. Made me happy.
Only family request (aka demand) was from father of groom via wedding planner for the band to keep it down.
The band did that up to the last hour when the energy level climbed. I had master fader at half.

Lavs from Brian worked a treat. Shure MX150 omnis.

Truck half unloaded. Having a beer now.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
rob at lynxaudioservices dot com

Dealer for: AKG, Allen & Heath, Ashley, Astatic, Audix, Blue Microphones, CAD, Chauvet, Community, Countryman, Crown, DBX, Electro-Voice, FBT, Furman, Heil, Horizon, Intellistage, JBL, Lab Gruppen, Mid Atlantic, On Stage Stands, Pelican, Peterson Tuners, Presonus, ProCo, QSC, Radial, RCF, Sennheiser, Shure, SKB, Soundcraft, TC Electronics, Telex, Whirlwind and others

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #21 on: October 15, 2018, 07:12:42 PM »

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 24 queries.