Sound Reinforcement - Forums for Live Sound Professionals - Your Displayed Name Must Be Your Real Full Name To Post In The Live Sound Forums > Product Reviews

RCF NX 45-A Speaker

<< < (2/2)

Peter Morris:

--- Quote from: Luis_Marquez on September 30, 2018, 05:38:30 PM ---Gordon

Nice review. Very informative. Especially comparing it to the beloved dsr112. Maybe sometime in the future it can be compared to the dB IG3T/IG4T

It appears rcf used the hf950 horn in the nx-45.

--- End quote ---

FWIW I have both the IG4T and RCF TT25AMK2 (very similar to the NX45)... both are excellent, the IGT4 is really a mid high box or vocals only. It has a very small visual impact, wide dispersion and throws well. In terms of sound quality its very "nice" with a warm smooth and detailed sound.  It will make quite a bit of SPL especially on top of a sub crossed at 120 Hz. Two boxes stacked on top of each other works very well and you get almost 6 dB more SPL and some beam steering. This works much better that sticking two 12+ horn boxes side by side that I see so often.

In comparison the TT25 is louder has more bass but the HF is not quite as detailed. Its a great general purpose 15 and horn, about as good as it gets, it makes a great wedge, small drum fill or FOH. I often used it for side fill with or without a sub or as a small FOH.

The IG4T shines when you need minimal visual impact, excellent throw and a wide coverage angle.

Both boxes are excellent, but they are really designed for slightly different applications. I have not heard the IG3T to comment on their performance. 

Mike C. Moore:
Thanks, Gordon, for such a thoughtful review. I've been looking to move on from my QSC KW153s, which have served me well over the last nine years. Though tempted by RCF's sexy line array offerings, a point and shoot box is better suited for my purposes, and your insightful review helped convince me that the NX 45-A fits the bill. We also have four KW181s that could be replaced with a pair of RCF subs, and I hope to find a similarly excellent review to help me with the decision. Kudos to you and the countless other reviewers whose fine work on PSW helps combat buyer's remorse.

Gordon Brinton:

--- Quote from: Mike C. Moore on May 22, 2019, 10:03:24 AM ---Thanks, Gordon, for such a thoughtful review. I've been looking to move on from my QSC KW153s, which have served me well over the last nine years. Though tempted by RCF's sexy line array offerings, a point and shoot box is better suited for my purposes, and your insightful review helped convince me that the NX 45-A fits the bill. We also have four KW181s that could be replaced with a pair of RCF subs, and I hope to find a similarly excellent review to help me with the decision. Kudos to you and the countless other reviewers whose fine work on PSW helps combat buyer's remorse.

--- End quote ---

Hi Mike, did you ever get the NX boxes? If so, how do you like them?

I absolutely love mine. I still have the DSR's and use them for delay stacks in larger rooms or sometimes as stage wedges. The NX-45's have caused me to approach my mixing in a slightly different way. Because they are more detailed, I can hear/notice distortion more easily when it occurs, so I don't drive any mixer channels quite as hard as I used to.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version