ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Recommendations on bluetooth transmitter  (Read 6423 times)

Stephen Swaffer

Re: Recommendations on bluetooth transmitter
« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2018, 10:32:38 PM »

We had a member wanting a bluetooth system back in January.  After asking here, we purchased and installed a Listen Systems setup.  Typically have 2-4 people using the system-but have receivers for up to 10.  I took some time and did my best to make sure it was setup right (on its own mix, etc.) and have had nothing but good comments.  We have a senior lady that takes care of handing out receivers-from a sound tech standpoint it has been the most "set it and forget it" upgrade we have ever done.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2018, 01:44:12 PM by Stephen Swaffer »
Steve Swaffer

Scott Helmke

« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2018, 11:57:40 AM »

The 216 MHz Listen Tech systems are very solid.  We've got about 130 in our rental inventory, and failures are very rare. I'd definitely recommend this approach instead of something cobbled together with Bluetooth or whatever.

Jordan Wolf

« Reply #12 on: October 03, 2018, 09:08:30 PM »

The 216 MHz Listen Tech systems are very solid.  We've got about 130 in our rental inventory, and failures are very rare. I'd definitely recommend this approach instead of something cobbled together with Bluetooth or whatever.
Scott, if you’re close to the OP, maybe he could rent a small system from you to try out.
--Airport Circle Sound Reinforcement, LLC--

David Sturzenbecher

• So. Dak.
    • Sturz Audio
« Reply #13 on: October 03, 2018, 09:16:09 PM »

We had a member wanting a bluetooth system back in January.  After asking here, we purchased and installed a Listen Systems setup.  Typically have 2-4 people using the system-but have receivers for up to 10.  I took some time and did my best to make sure it was setup right (on its own mix, etc.) and have had nothing but good comments.  We have a senior lady that takes care of handing out receivers-from a sound tech standpoint it has been the most "set it and forget it" upgrade we have ever done.

Stephen,
Listen makes numerous types of "setups" including RF, Wifi, IR, and Induction Loop, however I am not aware of Listen making a bluetooth product.  Your post implies that they do. 
Audio Systems Design Engineer
Daktronics, Inc.
CTS-D, CTS-I
AES Full Member

nick.kidwell2006

« Reply #14 on: October 03, 2018, 10:28:20 PM »

Scott, if you’re close to the OP, maybe he could rent a small system from you to try out.
I'd be open to it, but I am rather remote in rural Central Oregon.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Scott Helmke

« Reply #15 on: October 04, 2018, 01:55:43 PM »

I'd be open to it, but I am rather remote in rural Central Oregon.

We ship stuff like this all the time, in fact most places that carry this type of stuff will ship it.

Stephen Swaffer

« Reply #16 on: October 04, 2018, 06:41:49 PM »

Stephen,
Listen makes numerous types of "setups" including RF, Wifi, IR, and Induction Loop, however I am not aware of Listen making a bluetooth product.  Your post implies that they do.

Aren't people supposed to read what I intend to say?   :)  We did not go with the bluetooth system-I honestly can't remember if we did the 72 Mhz or 216 Mhz.  After getting advice here, we gently steered the parishoner away-even though he would have 100% funded bluetooth.  We choose the system and let him donate whatever he wanted towards it in the interests of having a quality system.
Steve Swaffer

Brian Jojade

• HappyMac Digital Electronics
« Reply #17 on: October 14, 2018, 05:50:55 PM »

I think part of the confusion is that people confuse the term 'bluetooth' to mean any wireless headphones regardless of the technology that is actually used.

Bluetooth is NOT designed for the purpose in this post.  There may be receivers that have bluetooth links that work with customer's headsets, but the way bluetooth works, each receiver would need to pair with the user's hearing aid.
Brian Jojade

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #17 on: October 14, 2018, 05:50:55 PM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 24 queries.