ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Socapex disassembly?  (Read 3323 times)

W. Mark Hellinger

Socapex disassembly?
« on: September 28, 2018, 08:05:11 PM »

Asking for help/advice on disassembling a Socapex end... so I can repair it.

Dang if I can remember or figure out how to disassemble... it's a 19pin male end.  The problem is the pin body is rotating within the shell... I think the set-screw or similar failed or backed off.  I fixed the same problem in one of these many years ago and forget what was involved... I think there was some snap-ring type clip or something that holds the pin body in the shell, but I can't recall... except I vaguely recall there was a trick to it.  My ends are fairly old... I'm guessing 20 - 30 years old.  They're all silver, with just the "S" logo on them... two screw cable clamp on the cord exit end.

Any help is definitely appreciated.

W. Mark Hellinger

Re: Socapex disassembly?
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2018, 05:05:23 PM »

Update:  I sort-of figured it out, and somewhat "remembered".  With a flashlight I determined there is a snap ring that holds the pin body to the front of the connector, which I removed with needle nose pliers from the disassembled cable exit end of the connector body.  I still can't remove the pin body fully from the shell... it won't come out the front or back side... for the same reason round manhole covers don't fall down the hole... a round thing can't go through a smaller round hole.

It seems like the front of the connector shell might be pressed on.  I dunno… this might be a hopeless/ pointless task (exercise in futility) 'cause I think the clocking tab on the side of the pin body is sheered off, and it might be time to snip-off the cable and reattach to a new socapex end.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2018, 05:08:36 PM by W. Mark Hellinger »

Philip Roberts

• Church and H.O.W. Forums
  • South West MI
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2018, 09:04:02 PM »

Can you post some pictures of the connector in question?

Philip

W. Mark Hellinger

« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2018, 05:38:26 PM »

Can you post some pictures of the connector in question?

Philip
Yes.  I'll snap a picture next time I'm where it's at... which is unceremoniously hucked on the "round to-it pile"... currently out of sight and temporarily out of mind.... along with the rest of the "round to-it maybe someday pile". ;)

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2018, 05:38:26 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.029 seconds with 22 queries.